Title: Tim/Kon Ficlet 01
Author: Yami no Kaiba
Fandom: DC Comics
Rating: PG
Characters: Tim Drake, Kon-El

Context: I said this to Cosmicastaway:
"If I was one of the comic writers, I'd have all those resurrections listed and researched and then propose an arc wherein the Superheroes have to deal with the dead escaping the afterlife...

Wherein the resurrected would have to go back after."


Cosmicastaway then said this:
"Oh. Dear. Lord.

Batman telling Jason that Jason can't come back.

I'm sure Superman would be dragging Batman back, and making mental notes to do the same to all the Robin's who are currently alive, due to dead parents.

I can see Tim freaking on Kon for trying to keep him from Jack. Oh baby. If I ever rule the world, you are getting an instant job as a writer."


So then, of course I had to write this:

*---*---*---*---*

"Rob..." Kon bites his lower lip as Robin pushes harshly at his shoulder, debating whether or not Tim is under control enough not to do something stupid.

"Let g-go." Considering Tim had been choked up only minutes before, its not all that weird for the hitch to be there. It was an impressive attempt at his usual command voice.

It's still highly disturbing to see Tim like this. "No. You need this."

Kon could have sworn Tim couldn't tense any harder, but he does. He alse beats Kon once against the 'S' shield with a balled up fist with a growl of frustration.

And when Tim goes slack in his grip and nearly slips to the dirty and gritty floor of the rooftop, Kon has to scramble his TK to support him.

It's only moments latter, when he's flat out on his own back, clutching his groin and squeaking slightly that he berates himself for underestimating Tim and leaving himself wide open.

And Tim's standing over him, blotchy red skin standing out from the green mask and fists balled. He doesn't say anything, and really, Kon's not even sure *what* could be said.

Before Kon can get up, Tim's already turned on his heel and marched to the edge of the roof, the lack of his usual glide quite telling about his mood. Kon hears the normally soundless movement of fabric and boot treads like rapid fire shots from a semi-automatic as his hearing decides to kick into overdrive even as he hears the already familiar rythmic sound of a person's heartbeat moving faster than it should.

"Leave. And don't come back, Kon."

The Bat-graple is out and launched and by the time Kon's standing again, a night Robin is once more flying above the streets and alleys of Gotham.

All Kon is left to speculate on the way back to Smallville is how many weekends it will take for his best friend to talk to him again, if ever.

--Fin.

Email: feedback