Why Gundam Wing sucks
Back to Sieg Zeon
(12/6/2014: Yes, this list is very silly, and half of it doesn't make sense. No, it hasn't been updated in something like ten years. Let's not lose sight of what's important, though: Gundam Wing is for little girls. I'll leave this page up for as long as Angelfire exists! Wahahahahaha!)
Isn't Gundam Wing just awful? A lot of people seem to think so. Feel free to send submissions to Duckflesh@yahoo.com. I reserve the right to edit anything you submit, however. Your email address will be given credit unless you specify some other name.
Please note: Several people have written rebuttals to this entire list, and sent them to me. You can go ahead and do that if you want, but it's about as good a use of your time as assembling this list in the first place was a good use of my time, if you catch my meaning. ;D
- The Gundams are nearly invincible... and there are five of them.
- OZ mobile suits are the worst pieces of crap ever built.
- Quatre's an idiot. He says he's sorry while he slaughters things. Oh, an indecisive soldier who hates to kill! Good idea, colonists!
- Wu Fei is a male chauvinist pig to an annoying extent.
- Noin is an airhead. She chose to let Wu Fei live, even though he attacked and killed her men in their sleep. Disgusting.
- The Wing Gundam self destructed. Heero lived. It was repaired. you can't live through that explosion, and you can't repair a pile of ash (which is what a self destruct system should turn a mobile suit into).
- After DeathScythe is shot several times in the head at close range, it's barely even scratched. I'm beginning to think that this show might be one-sided...
- An Aries full-on explodes from a head shot with a machine gun. Sure, there are plenty of good reasons for fuel tanks to be in the head!
- An Aries goes down with one hit from a foot solder's bazooka. That's just sad.
- The buster rifle can destroy an army of Virgos, standing side by side, all of whom are shielded. It's a good thing we didn't have to sit through, say, an actual fight.
- Zechs' uniform, mask, and hair color are all such a blatant rip-off of Char that it makes me sick to my stomach. Not to mention the long lost sisters and abandoned first names that are strangely foreign sounding. C'mon, the only thing stranger that "Casval" is "Milardo".
- Gundam Wing models are crap. The plastic is brittle and the proportions are off. Worst of all, they have "HG" kits modeled all in one color! Go buy an HGUC kit and spare yourself the heartbreak.
- Frankly, just the nickname "God of Death" pisses me off. You just know he gave that to himself. At least "Nightmare of Solomon" leaves it to your imagination.
- No machine gun for him. Shoot him down! *Fires machine gun* I guess we should assume this is a translation error? Is it possible that the entire series is some kind of terrible translation error?
- Every person on Gundam Wing is physically attractive. Compare Treize to Degin Zabi from 0079. Compare Trowa to Norris Packard from 08th MS Team. I guess the conclusion we should draw is that Gundam Wing is for preteen girls.
The following entries were submited by email@example.com
- There doesn't seem to be a war going on. Few or no
civilian casualties whereas in MS Gundam, Zeon and
Federal battles cause the deaths of civilians by the
- The final battle is more like man against machine than
man against man. What's the point? At least in the UC,
in combat enemies on both sides know how to die
- OZ troops don't seem to know how to dodge!
- Virtually all the main characters live, except
Trieze, and that was technically suicide(you don't
really think Wufei could've beaten Trieze in a real
fight do you?)
- Why are all the main characters all so...pretty?
It's like all the ugly people are either dead or evil,
and all the heroes are total studs or babes!
- OZ MS stay the same through the whole series: Leos
and later Virgos and Taurus. Zeon MS get stronger as
the series goes on: Zaku II to Gouf to Dom to
Gelgoog(which is just as strong as the Gundam.)
- Forty Maganacs, and not one of them dies. Feh.
- The RX-78-2 Gundam gets destroyed in an all-out to the death
duel. The Wing Zero slices off Epyon's arm, blows up Libra
and flies off with no more than a messed up paintjob.
- Is the Lightning Count the only decent pilot OZ has?
Zeon had the Red Comet, the Blue Nova, Black Tristars,
Nightmare of Solomon, White Wolf of Solomon, Red
Lightning, Desert Thunder and the Ghost of Solomon,
the Federal Forces had the White Shooting Star, the
White Eagle and the Blue Destiny. All OZ had was one
decent pilot in a powerhouse MS. (Noin doesn't count
since she's mostly on the Wing boys' side, not OZ).
The following entries were submited by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heero can't kill Relena. He wants to, she wants him to, but he just can't
- Everybody says Zaku Is are better than OZ MS. They're wrong - MS-01s are
better. That's Zaku Negative-4.
- Trowa can't bring enough ammo into battle to save his life.
- All Deathscythe Hell has is a scythe and a shield. GM Trainers have more
- The Gundams can go an entire season with one maintenance session, and just
carrying around the weapons would wear them out.
- Either Duo's a whip-crackin' slave driver or Hilde's a subservient,
- The Gouf Flight-Types in 08th MS Team hit more targets than OZ soldiers
did. Here's a hint: The GFTs never fired.
The following entries were submited by Amuro@austin.rr.com
- Trowa should be deaf, he's got huge machine guns right above his head. Also, it should be very hot in there.
- They are ALL hypocrites. Especially Wufei. He goes into speeches about honor and then goes and attacks some solders in their sleep.
The following entries were submited by Dreamydragon83@aol.com
- No Mobile Armors!
- Heero's spandex shorts are just a little X-rated o_O okay there just f#@!n' erotic+disgusting ~_~
- Duo was raised by priests, he wears preists clothes yet he dosn't belive in God, is obsessed with Satan and Death and is more Gothic than Catholic.
The following entries were submited by email@example.com
- In all the space battles the MS's explosions leave no pieces behind.
The following entries were submited by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capital ships. Where are they? I only saw two, and some pathetic 20th century looking destroyers. OZ has no battle fleet, just a bunch of suits and airborne carriers. Zeon had all sorts of heavy capital ships. Supply freighters, Musai class battleships, the Mad Angler, the Gallop, other things that I don't remember their names. The Federation had the Pegasus class, the Magellan class, and the Salamis class.
- Nukes. The missles in Gundam Wing never were said to be nukes. Zeon is perfectly willing to steal and use nuclear weapons.
- Where are the prototypes? The special suits? OZ had 3. No suits for aces. The Feddies had the RX-78-2-NT-1, the GP-01, the GP-02, the GM-Sniper Custom II, the RX-78-2. Zeon had the MS-06S, the MS-07B3 Gouf Custom, the MSM-07S, the MS-14S, and the MSN-02.
- Expendable lackeys. Where does OZ get all these pathetic troops? They're worse than stormtroopers. Zeonic and Federal troops at least manage to kill their enemies, and sometimes survive. OZ troops charge the gundams, begging to be killed.
The following entries were submited by email@example.com
- No new weapons!!!! Wing Zero gets a buster rifle...... That's it. But DETHSCYTHE gets a scythe, but his next weapon has.... TWO BLADES!!!!! OH NOOOOOOOO!!! The only Gundam who's weapon remtely changes is Shenlong's when he upgrades to Altron. Even then it doesn't change much.
Aside from this, there's no remotely originally designed weapons!!!!! It's just guns and blades!!! Feddies and the Zeon had the outstanding technology to make... GRENADES!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Zeon had stuff like heat rods and heat hawks, not just simple blades. That's why they went back to UC; (they made 08th MS Team right after Wing) because they were being too suppressed by their own limits!!
It doesn't focus any on people or Mobile Suits, just on speeches and war efforts.
- There are 5 Gundams for crying out loud!!! Piloting or seeing a Gundam is supposed to be a great and rare experience!! 5 f#@!ing Gundams is WWWAAAYYY too much at one time, especially for the extremely limited supply of enemy troops there are.
The following entries were submited by firstname.lastname@example.org
- The G-Boys are supposed to be this ultra secret
covert operations team. Heero got busted on DAY 1 of
the job by geting caught by Zechs. Sloppy tradecraft.
- The G-Boys were supposed to act separately from one
another by secretly taking out bases ALL over the
world. A few episodes later they meet each other. Was
the ballistics guy drunk when he threw them to Earth
or is AC Earth just as big as a small county?
- The scientists THEMSELVES trained the G-Boys for
their operation. I guess the colony's military forces
must have been so lazy to have actually given this job
to the old geezers. (btw, since when did scientific
institutions give PhD's in covert warfare?)
- The people of the colony through all of their
suffering under the Feds placed their hope on 5
pre-pubescents to regain their freedom. The idea was
to have five 20-foot tall and xx-ton heavy robots to
quietly SNEAK around the Earth without being caught
and nibble at the Feds strongholds. Is that a plan or
- Assuming that the plan of the Colonies was to nibble
down on Earth's defenses by using the G-Boys to attack
strongholds on Earth, what next? They didn't have a
fleet, they have no army. What were they planning to
do? Scare the Feds into submission with 5 robots?
- Some GW fans tried to rationalize this by saying
"The colonists were planning a colony drop AFTER the
G-Boys weaken Earth defenses". Really? How did they
plan to transport one when they didn't even have
warships or MS to escort it? Or are they assuming that
the Feds are so stupid that they'd just let them do it
in a sense of fair play...
- For all his reputation as "THE perfect soldier", did
Heero actually kill anybody except for those
disposable faceless extras?
- Deathscythe and Sandrock have no medium or long
range weapons aside from vulcans. Fans have defended
this by saying "those two MS were meant for close
combat and covert operations". Close Combat? Why would
anyone in his right mind want a costly close combat
situation when you could use a gun to kill? Covert
Operations? YEAH RIGHT! I can imagine it now... a
20-foot metallic monster sneaking around a Fed base on
its tiptoes while hugging walls to avoid detection...
The following entries were submited by Geezin3000@aol.com
The Gundam Pilots never get killed, and their Gundams never get destroyed. No matter what suit they were using they would somehow come out on top. When Wing gundam actually did explode the whole body was intact. What the heck is that ?! What was the self detonation a bunch of firecrackers in the head of it?
The following entries were submited by email@example.com
- Ok, so after thousands of years of killing each other, making better and
more powerful weapons, and generally following human nature of destroying
each other and the human love of violence and battle, your telling me that
all of humanity just magically after all this decides, "Ok, let's all be
Bulls#@!, that goes completely against all the instincts of humans and human
nature in general. Human beings are destructive, dangerous, violent animals
that weather we like to admit it or not, love and are fascinated by violence
and danger. People love to fight and in some instances kill, and the urge to
make and continue to advance weapons to further our own means of protection
and revenge and every other human emotion is called human nature. And Wing
tries to explain it all that, "Well since this is all so horrible, let's
get rid of all the weapons and become pacifists." Yeah, right...
The following entries were submited by Metall1ka1@aol.com
- My first comment: Why are Relina's classmates always up her ass? "the colonies should sparkle more than ever, Relina's on one right now" etc. etc. etc.
- In one of the first episodes Heero sends torpedoes that hit his and Duo's gundams, Heero says that the torpedoes will totally destroy the gundam, and Duo says the same. But neither appear to get a scratch and take little repair (within a day) to fix.I can go on and on.
- This series has nothing to do with any other gundam series, and I think was just a successful attempt to use the gundam concept to bring in boku bucks.
The following entries were submited by firstname.lastname@example.org
- The physics of the world are altered when needbe. Trowa destroys Deathscythe in 1 hit, a fully intact body. When that same beam cannon hits a standing Gundam, No damage. Uh...?
- Apparantly, Leo's Designation, OZ-06, is quite a blatant ripoff of Zaku's Designation, MS-06
- Aries are unrealistic. Their engines aren't large enough, their wings aren't large enough to catch enough air for the power of the Engine. Gouf flight types BARELY were able to stay in the air with small engines, and could only fly for a few minutes, not a few hours.
- Tallgeese III's Mega Cannon, Supposedly Weaker than Wing Zero's Buster Rifle Blew up an asteroid in 1 hit. Wing Zero's Rifle could barely scratch mariemeia's shelter.
- 1 Word: Relena Darlian. End of Story.
The following entries were submited by email@example.com
- How come OZ never made mighty and powerful weapons like the Neo Zeons and Federation did? (eg. Colony Laser)
- If the Twin Buster Rifle can blast a colony down... why don't they just destory the OZ Main base?!
- Where did all the NTs go?! did they just vanish and comes back out in X?!
The following entries were submited by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any time one of the Gundam pilots gets into the cockpit on an OZ mobile suit, it can take about 10x the punishment that it normally takes. It sometimes seems that 1 or 2 bullets can off an OZ suit when a bad guy pilots it. Exaples are in the Duo meets Hilde episode and even when Heero battles Wu Fei in the movie.
- OZ very early on needed to realize that those little pea shooter machine guns can't hurt the Gundams.
- Why in Episode 17 does DeathScythe and Sandrock have such a hard time getting past the Leos at the shuttle base? The Leos have the aforementioned pea shooter guns.
- "Thank you Sandrock!!" That alone should say something.
- By the time you get to the end of the series, you've heard "Total Pacifism" so many times, you'll want to go to war.
- Everyone is just a little too suicidal. "My only chance is to self detonate" Please, if these guys were as good as they're supposed to be, they would keep on fighting not take some easy way out. Norris from 08th MS team KNEW he would eventually be done in ep 10 but provided bar none one of the best cat and mouse battle sequences in a gundam show, relying on his survival instinct and skill, not just hitting the kill switch and "taking them out with me". Remember what Bright told Hayato in ep 20 of Mobile Suit Gundam? "Rely on ingenuity, you don't know what will happen in a fight!" Those too tough Gundam suits should be able to pull them all through any scrape.
The following entries were submited by JonwIDoQ@aol.com
- Leos seem to blow up even if the paint job is scratched. If you look carefully in Endless Waltz, you'll see a Leo blow up WITHOUT BEING HIT!
The fans can bee annoying. Have you seen any Wing fan sites? They act as if Wing is the only Gundam series there is. And there is the Yaoi fangirls, always with there 1x2 and 3x4 slash fics and Relena bashing.
The following entries were submited by email@example.com
- The oz mobile suits are poorly designed, they have no close range combat weapons, while almost all Zeon mobile suits have close range weaponry.
The following entries were submited by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Everytime a gundam, eg. Heavyarms or Sandrock, use a long-range weapon
against the Virgo Dolls, the dolls never have their shields on-line except when they're already fighting!
- Not exactly realisitic at all, usually numerical superiority wins the day
but here it doesn't. 3 Taurus vs. 30 Leos? Taurus is victor? They may be
Mobile Dolls, but they have to at least get some damage, nothing is perfect.
Also, 1 Aries and 1 Cancer vs. +100 mobile suits? Aries and Cancer victor?
What the heck? With so many guys firing at you how the heck can you dodge
them? Especially 100 missiles and 10,000 bullets? This isn't the matrix!
- What happened to the rest of Noin's students? Only two were shown and
that's that. There were the only decent Oz pilots even shown in the series!
- How come Oz never upgrades their suits? Like Leo II, Leo III, Leo IV? After
nearly a decade something must be upgraded!
- Every single suit except the gundams are destroyed by just one hit! Even a
taurus took out a doll in one hit! In the 0080 series it takes several shots to take out a mobile suit!
- Trieze had nearly 500,000 people die for him? What the heck? That was in
one year! Soldiers in a futuristic era can't suck that bad!
- Every single battle is a massacre! Even if an enemy has a disadvantage
they can still do some damage!
- In episode 3, why is there a blimp? This is the future! Who rides blimps?
The following entries were submited by email@example.com
- the very costly gundams of Gundam Wing are the only stealth mobile suits in the series. Which is to say, they are not detected by a radar. Well... ummm. In UC, all mobile suits with Minovsky generators have a tendancy to nullify all radar functionability. So if UC and AC would go to war, every mobile suit in AC would get detected, and every low cost, mass produced UC mobile suit would be "stealth."
- In Gundam Wing, the Wing Gundam's beam saber can cut through any mobile suit like a hot knife through butter. But in the episode where Zechs fights Heero in the South Pole, when Zechs is beating the Heavyarms, the beam saber acts more like a baseball bat hitting the Heavyarms, thus not cutting it or making any kind of surface damage.
The following entries were submited by MinitureGotti21
- In one battle, there's random fire and explosions all over when the only things fighting are the Sandrock and two Tauros.
The following entries were submited by ShadowCell
- Pretty little effects like little sparkles around Zechs' hair when his mask breaks——Zechs, are you hiding something from us?
Total disregard for the laws of physics. Heero is a human being, he cannot fall from the fifteenth story of a skyscraper and just suffer a broken leg.
The boyband Wing pilots' personalities are personified philosophies of war, which sounds cool but also means it's impossible to relate to them as people
The entire plot just builds up to "let's throw a big nasty thing at Earth." And while most Gundam series build up to "Let's do something nasty to Earth" (which encompasses throwing a big nasty thing at it), at least there's originality— Haman wanted to take it over and then destroy it. Char wanted to make everyone move to space. The Zanscares wanted to use their "big mind killing mega death thingy" on it. The Devil Gundam wanted to reshape it. The Moonrace wanted to colonize it. But all Wing did was throw a big nasty thing at it for no reason.
- The philosophical babbling the characters constantly spout rarely makes sense. It's impossible for the viewer to determine what they're saying. "What the heck are they talking about, Char?" "I don't know, Amuro...I just ignore them."
Pointless battles, ex. Heero vs. Zechs in the Antarctic. "Zechs, why are we doing this?" "I dunno, Heero. Just keep fighting!"
No rational reason behind many things. Why did White Fang revolt? Did they all just get bored, drunk, high, and say "Let's revolt"?
What the heck are Treize's motives? Why is he doing all this? What does he want?!
Ignorance of details. Why is the combative sport of fencing being played at Relena's pacifist school?
No real explanation as to why Wufei decided to be evil and join the Mariemaia Army in Endless Waltz. Maybe he got high...
Why does the Mariemaia Army's uniform look so much like boy scout uniforms? Did Mariemaia think they looked cute?
Come to think of it, Mariemaia looks a lot like Mineva...
And speaking of uniforms, who designed OZ's uniforms? Whoever it was should be shot...the Earth Alliance and White Fang uniforms were pretty good, but the OZ uniforms...iiiiiiick...
Who did the clothing designs in general? Treize is wearing freaking breeches here and nobody is saying anything... "Sir, um..." "Yes?" "You look funny, sir..."
They built this gigantic battleship Libra, with four gigantic blocks, one half of which was capable of inducing nuclear winter...all within the span of what, four months?
Where did Peacemillion come from anyways?
Total disregard for politics in any way, realistic or not. The abolition of national borders would cause a sweeping riot across the world and countless revolutions. It would make the deaths of millions of people in thousands of wars entirely useless and in vain. The world would never just happily accept having all its borders abolished and making the deaths of millions of people across thousands of wars for nothing, and they sure wouldn't take this crap from a 15-year-old girl.
Why did OZ bother establishing a training base for Wufei to dishonorably attack anyways? I mean, it's not like their pilots do anything...
Utter uselessness in the character of Relena. What is she good for? She did show the most growth of anyone throughout the series, from whiny girl who understands nothing to reasonably-well-adjusted young woman, but she still served no real purpose...
Wing Zero = Grossly overpowered by any logical means. I like Wing Zero, I really do, but the twin buster rifle can't be any bigger than Nu Gundam's beam rifle, yet it packs more power than the Gundam Double X's fully-charged-up satellite cannon. I don't think so...(Gihren: Screw the Colony Laser, just gimme that thing!)
Zechs, probably the best character of Wing because he so closely resembles the infinitely deep Char Aznable, suffers the Ten Episodes to the End syndrome and decides to destroy the Earth for no reason...
What does the ZERO System do anyways? It's like a cheap bio-sensor ripoff...
Yeah. Right. Good move OZ, sticking this suicidal captured Gundam pilot, Heero Yuy, in a testbed prototype MS (Mercurius).
All Trowa really did as an OZ soldier was pilot the Vayaete and blow up the Deathscythe (in one hit, even though it could take a zillion hits with Duo inside). Was he actually trying to accomplish anything?
The ZERO System uniting all the Gundam pilots and setting them all straight and putting them all on the road to fighting White Fang...yeah...right.
Personally, I liked the mecha designs for the most part, but really...it totally squandered some cool-looking mecha...
Why did OZ think it would be a good idea to force these obviously rebellious Gundam scientists to develop weapons for them?
Space Fortress Barge...this incredibly powerful battle station that seems oddly reminiscent of Gihren Zabi's Solar Ray, sprouting beam cannons and filled with nasty mobile suits...and all the Epyon had to do was stick its beam sword in it.
- The Tallgeese——which is basically just a Leo with two giant rockets on its back——is the only thing in OZ's arsenal capable of taking on a Gundam, yet the actual Leo——which is basically just the Tallgeese without the two giant rockets on its back——is incapable of scratching a Gundam's paint...
- Even if they died ten seconds later, at least cannon fodder throwaway soldiers in UC had names.
- OZ's pilots, trained for years to be top-notch MS pilots, are totally sessile, possess the aim of stormtroopers, the intelligence of garden tools, and the killer instinct of Gandhi. Their capabilities include dying, exploding, and shouting "It's a Gundam! Retreat! AAAARRRRRRGH!" *boom*
The Maganac corps did absolutely nothing of importance.
The space colonies, who hate OZ and send five Gundams and five boyband pilots to defeat this evil organization, are suddenly captivated by OZ's talk of peace and prosperity for the colonies and immediately abandon the Gundam pilots...wow, hey Jamitov! The situation can change that quickly!
Tubarov is so annoying. But at least he died.
The mobile dolls were nothing but a cheap ploy to create thousands upon thousands of mobile suits for the Gundam pilots to blow up. They could've been cool, but...blah...
Misleading episode titles. They call one episode "Tallgeese Destroyed," yet Tallgeese is not destroyed...and Tallgeese is not destroyed for another ten or so episodes...
- So, let's get this all straight...first there's the Earth Alliance...then OZ takes over...then the Romefeller Foundation takes over...then White Fang takes over...then the Mariemaia Army takes over...why can't they have some new idea?
Zechs returns from nowhere in Endless Waltz. Then he goes back to nowhere...make up your mind, Zechs!
Why did they bother making mobile suits in the first place? In UC they made them because Minovsky particles rendered electronic warfare devices useless. So battles had to be fought hand to hand. Eventually they made mobile suits. Bingo. But why did they make mobile suits in AC? I don't get it!
The following entries were submited by Hawkingmon@yahoo.com
- Here is something for you to consider: An MS-07-B3 Gouf Custom weighs between 58.5 and 77.6 metric tons, depending on armament and fuel. An RX-79(G) Gundam Ground type weighs between 52.8 and 73.0 metric tons, also depending on armament and fuel. Now, Norris's Gouf B3 Lifted a fully armed RX-79 Gundam that weighed almost as much as it did with one hand. The heaviest Winger gundam is XXXG-01H2 Heavyarms Kai at 8.2 metric tons. Think about that for a minute. If Norris's Gouf Custom could lift up a 73 ton mobile suit with one arm, imagine what a Gouf could to a winger mobile suit weighing 1/9th as much. I think that Heavyarms would get a crash course in flight, emphasis on crash. Add in the fact that a Gouf custom is 18.7 meters tall, while Heavyarms is only 16.7 meters tall, and Trowa is at a serious disadvantage. I mean, look! Heavyarms is over 6 feet shorter than a Gouf!
- Quartre whines and moans about having to kill people. But for some reason he always goes for the cockpit. What's wrong with slicing off the arms and legs and leaving the guy there? Is Quatre afraid the Mobile Suit will bite Sandrock's kneecaps off?!?
- On the subject of slicing, every cut in the series is perfectly smooth. I mean, come on! At least in the Universal Century the cuts had jagged and melted edges like they should.
- Sure, gundanium is impervious to damage, but why didn't anyone ever rip the arms off? The entire thing can't be gundanium, so the joints would be obvious weak points.
- Zechs and his cronies are shocked in the first episode that Wing Gundam transforms, but in the very next episode both Picies and Cancer transform. Are they morons or what?
- First episode. Zechs jumps out of an aircraft in a ground-type mobile suit. Pretty stupid, but then he grabs the Wing Gundam, then opens his cockpit and jumps out! The guy didn't even start fighting! At least Char sticks around for a minute or two before running! At least try to fight the Gundam, you wuss!
- Either the G-boys are brainless, or the colonists are. Duo says on the Subject of Wing Gundam "Hey! That looks just like my mobile suit!" Ummm, Wing Gundam looks nothing like Deathsycthe. And what's up with the G-boys not knowing about each other? If they are all a part of the operation, they should have been briefed on the other gundams that would be in on the operation.
- The brainlessness extends to Zech's cronies too. They've seen pictures of all five gundams by episode three, but they seem shocked when Zechs tells them that each gundam is probably of a different type. Am I the only one who sees the differences between the 5 of them?
- If those 5 are the first Gundams, where did Zechs hear of that jinx that whoever sees a gundam won't survive? And would'nt all the rumor spreader have died, since they would have had to see the Gundam defeathing everyone else?
The following entries were submited by Angel_Rose_Gundam_Pilot@yahoo.com
- How in the world can a 15 or 16 year old girl, Relena, rule the world? I mean, how can she even run a kingdom. No one would listen to a teenager, so how could she run a country? Its stupid. And plus...how could she even hold an important government position (Vice forign minister.) She's a FRIGGIN TEENAGER!
The following entries were submited by Bstreva@aol.com
- OZ's beam weapons suck.....Leos can use beam rifles, but they cant even mess up a Gundam's paint job. Beam rifles(even the grunt ones in UC) are supposed to be strong enough to damage something....
- OZ's very few ace pilots never had custom colors. Look at UC, pretty much every ace had their own colors. Zech's Tallgeese doesnt count since white was its original color...
- Speaking of Tallgeese....how was its dobercannon able to dent the Gundams when the Leo version bounces off?? IT'S THE SAME WEAPON!!!!!!
- The Gundams have barely any weapons. Look at every other series, the Gundams are loaded! Not like they need more weapons, but still, Gundams are meant to be loaded. Look at RX-78-2, the first Gundam ever...A beam rifle, 2 beam sabers, 2 head vulcans, with the options of up to 2 Hyper bazookas, Gundam hammer, Hyper hammer, and 2 beam javelins....Wing Gundam had...2 head vulcans, 1 beam saber, and one overpowered beam rifle with 3 shots....wtf??
- Does OZ ever think of actually making new MS? With upgraded weapons, like maybe, SOMETHING BESIDES CRAP!!?? "Hey Bob, think we need to make a new upgraded Leo, like a Leo ll or something?" "No Tom, I think the Leo with boosters and a shell firing cannon is good enough."
The following entries were submited by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why do the upgraded Gundams get an extra weapon of their normal weapon?
Wing Zero gets a TWIN buster rifle, Deathscythe gets a TWIN beam scythe,
Trowa gets a TWIN Gattling gun,
Altron gets TWIN dragon claws? Nice way to stay original.
- Lack of personal insigna or emblems. Only one I seen was the Alliance and
their's was a Lion. What about ace emblems? Johnny Ridden had a unicorn's
head and Shin Matsunaga had the White Wolf. You'd think Zechs (Lightning
Count) would maybe have a bolt or something or Duo (God of Death) would have
a design of his own? Just shows how far it's drifted from being military
- Where are all the variants? The Zaku had High Mobility, Cannon, and
Commander style variations. True the Leo had the shoulder cannon upgrade but
it's rarely seen or effectively used. Johnny Ridden used both Hi-Mo versions
of the Gelgoog and Zaku and did tremendously well, but Gundam Wing forgot
all of that. I guess they assumed every battle would be multi-task only...
- Why do all the secondary units (fighter planes and tanks) get blasted so
easily? In UC, the Saberfish space fighter and Type-61 tanks could take down
a Zaku easily despite being heavily obsolete. All these units in GW do is
drive/fly around begging to be shot at.
- Tallgesse is has a base weight of 8 tons, made out of Titanium alloy. A
Mass Production GM, only one meter taller, is made of the same material, not as thickly built,
doesn't have the rear verniers, but weighs just over 5 times more? I don't
get it either...
- In various series it's said that a mobile suit re-entering the atmosphere
(unless in Zeta/Zero Wave Rider mode) would instantly burn up from
atmosphere friction. Curious then how in Endless Waltz that Deathscythe,
Heavyarms, Altron, and Sandrock all fly down to Earth without sustaining ANY
The following entries were submited by G email@example.com
- The space colony design in wing is barely more realistic than the fantasy space islands in G-Gundam. The space colonies in UC were based on real life designs for space stations, the "sunflower cylinder" in UC being the most famous, based on the Island Three design proposed by professor O'Neil, but what the heck are these things in Gundam Wing? Some kind of crappy bastardization of the stanford tours (the famous "donut" space station seen in 2001, a space oddesy). This design sucks, it really does, there's no way for sunlight to get in, the artificial sky would take up entirely too much power, and the "box wheel" design is utterly stupid because it makes the colonists feel like ther living in a giant closed in hat box and it wastes 70% of the inhabitable area created by the rotational gravity of the wheel.
What's the big deal about a colony drop in the AC world? The wheel designed colonies would be small enough to fit inside the Oneil cylander colonies of the UC world, it woud have been torn apart in the atmosphereic re-entry before it even reached the earths surface, all that the earth dwellers would see are a bunch of shooting stars, perhaps they could wish that they DIDN'T F#@!ING SUCK!
The following entries were submited by... uhm, sorry, I lost your address! Please drop me a line so I can give you the credit you deserve!
- All the
do is sit around and go "Oh no! Master Quatre!" He's not a 5 year old,
- The dubbed version sucks ASS. I have the DVD of Endless Waltz, and I
refuse to watch the English version. Even if the subtitler should be
Mariemaia. WTF? How the heck can she take over the world? She's
SEVEN! Seven f#@!ing years old!
- Zechs and Trieze are too bloody pompous for their own good.
The following entries were submited by firstname.lastname@example.org
- The show was not created by Yoshiyuki Tomino and/or Hajime Yatate, those two guys are the only ones that can make a decent or great gundam show.
- It seems like Gundam Wing was made for little kids, from the way the good guys always win.
- How did the scientist get ALL that Gundanium armor and make the Gundams when Gundanium alloy supply was at its all time low?
The following entries were submited by Sinox85@aol.com
- In the Endless waltz movie, how can the Wing Zero Custom produce real looking feathers from mechanical wings?
- Why don't the gundam wing kids wear space suits when there in there mobile suits in space? Are they that sure they wont get shot down in space? At least in UC you can see the pilots have some sense of realism, knowing that there is a chance they could get beaten.
- I hate the fact that there is no side story. The only major players in this "war" are the main characters. No aces, not even decent soldiers! It's just sad. if you read all the information about Universal Century, after a couple of minutes you'll get lost in it and it will seem like real history, Gundam wing seems like the developers let their kids develop it, it has no depth and no realism.
The following entries were submited by LM314V25_Buster_Assault_Gundam@hotmail.com
- In Quatre's defense... someone once said, "Why didn't Quatre aim for the arms and legs if he didn't
want to kill?". Well, the simple answer is that it wouldn't matter anyway, since Leos would still blow up if you cut their arms or leg off.
- Lady Une was shot. She died. We all saw it happen. And then she
several episodes later, out of the blue. How? Why? Because this is Gundam Wing,
people! We can't have anyone important die like that! IT'S NOT LIKE
A WAR GOING ON OR ANYTHING!!!
The following entries were submited by email@example.com
- Look, It’s the Deathscythe Hell, the mobile suit with tears spraying out of its eyes. How the heck do you design something like that? Tear injectors at the back of the camera lenses? ((Not to mention "why"...))
The following entries were submited by firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Gundam pilots are too lame and even campy, being composed of a cycling-shorts-wearing queero with the personality of a comatose llama, a retarded clown-boy with the charisma of a leper, two hypocrites (one being obviously gay) and some idiot who calls himself the god of death... my ass!
- The entire series is one big f#@!ing gay joke! i'm not sexist or anything, but even my GAY friends think this show's too queer.
- Too many gundams. it's like watching a ((more)) retarded version of the power rangers. Gundam G has an ass-load of gundams, but at least it has redeeming qualities.
The following entries were submited by email@example.com
- Homocidal, suicidal (ahem) 'hero', who's almost as evil as the people he fights, for one thing.
The hero's most memorable lines are "I will kill you" and "Life in cheap...especially mine". That right there tells you there's something wrong with the series.
Why did they think that having an annoyig clown boy be one of the pilots would be a good idea?
And, what were the villain's motives, again?
why does Zechs wear a mask if all it takes to see him is a basic background check?
- And the list goes on...
Gundam Wing FAQ
Relena's Birthday Party
Back to Sieg Zeon