Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Ghost
A Sorato fic by Little Washu

Ooooh, creepy… Personally I HATE horror things cuz I’m really good at scaring the crap outta myself. (That’s how I came up with this. Scary thoughts pop themselves into my head sometimes and I hate it, but this time I manipulated it into a Sorato fic. Holy corn fields, how the hell did I do that?) And this is definitely Taiora as well so if you don’t like that, don’t read, understand? *peeps nod* Most excellent…

~*~*~*~

My life was perfect. A young woman, with her soulmate, in a relationship that no one else could touch. When I moved out of the apartment I had been sharing with my mother, he bought me a house we could share by the beach. It was sky blue, oceanfront, with a little porch where we could sit in the shade provided by a big beach umbrella and sip lemonade on hot days. On the cooler days we’d take long strolls down the shore, beach combing, letting the salty mist of the ocean spray our faces. In the evening he’d take me to secluded coves he’d find where he would slowly lay me down in the soft sand and kiss me passionately, the tide tickling our legs as it washed up upon us. I’d run my hands up his back until I reached his chin length, blonde hair, fairly coarse from all the salt in the wind, and twirl a lock or two around my index finger while he allowed our love to continue into the evening.

We’d make our way home by moonlight, tracing our footsteps in the sand, his big, mine small. Then we’d find our little, blue beach house, silent and welcoming, the ocean breeze whipping our hair behind us, the sand becoming cool on our feet from lack of sun. The sweet serene feeling that there was no one else but us. I would wash the sand off of my body in the outdoor shower and he would do the same, and then we would proceed to change into our pjs and go to bed. He’d wrap his strong arms around me and whisper sweet nothings into my ear until I would slowly drift to sleep, the one window in our room open, the smooth, white curtains blowing gently from the salty wind. It was heaven. I had found paradise and he told me the same.

That was a year ago. Everything has changed now. It was our good friend, Taichi, who told me the terrible news. The awful, painful, heart-wrenching, news that would bring my utopia to a complete stop, change my life forever. He was gone. Dead. Tai didn’t tell me how it happened; I didn’t want to know. I fell to my knees in agony, my chest heaving from heavy sobs. He knelt down to comfort me but I pushed him away. I didn’t want to believe what he said. It couldn’t begin to believe…

~*~*~*~

Two days after that I allowed Taichi to move into the beach house with me. He said it was the least he could do after the loss of Yamato. He said he wanted to keep me company and make sure I wouldn’t get lonely. I allowed him to share the bed with me, cook me dinner, and eventually hold me in his arms. We would sit together on the porch and sip our lemonade, walk hand in hand down the beach searching for shells, but I never took him to the special coves Yamato used to find. That would forever remain my little secret. My life was almost as good as it had been before Yamato’s death… but somehow, aside from the fact that I was living with another man, it was different. There was an old record player in the living room that we used to use. At night he would open a window and put on a white shirt with black, formal pants. I would slip into a sea green sundress that was tight against my body until it reached my knees and gently swayed around my legs as I walked. I would enter the living room and he would turn on the record player and take my hand. The sweet, haunting tune filling the room as we carefully waltzed. Moonlight cascading through the open window, the wind once again blowing smooth, white curtains as our shadows danced across the floor.

Taichi never really seemed interested in music like Yamato was. Tai was more into sports. He watched his games a lot on the television, yelling at the top of his lungs at the screen. Things like, “NOO!! AAW MAN, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! YOU CALL THAT A PLAY?!” or, “YYEEEEEESSS!!! WAHOOO!! ALLRIIIIGHTT!!!!” and he would always leap from the couch when he did this, only to see me watching him and sit back down, embarrassed. The record player remained untouched. Dust would gather upon it and I would clean it during my weekly routine to tidy up the house. Tears would well in my eyes with the thought of me dancing across the floor with Yama, feeling like I was floating on air. It was a wonderful sensation that I could never feel again. I would slowly begin to cry and then I would feel Tai’s strong arms around me, telling me it was okay. He told me the best thing to do was forget about him. Forget the past and think about the future. A future full of new hopes and dreams that could be achieved. Sometimes I would wonder how he could say such things. Yamato was a best friend. How could he simply be forgotten? Would Yama have said the same thing if it was Tai who was lost? I can’t forget him. There’s no possible way.

~*~*~*~

Alas, I continued to live my life with Taichi. We had pushed our relationship further; doing things that only Yamato had let me experience. I would wake up and see his smiling face, sleeping like a little boy. Then he would surprise me and kiss me on the nose and I would laugh. It felt so good to laugh like that. We would get out of bed and I would begin to cook breakfast and he would go outside and breathe in the fresh, ocean breeze. Slowly, I did begin to forget about Yamato. Taichi was silly and wild, two traits that Yamato didn’t show very often. It was always fun to be around him. We would race down the beach as fast as we could to see who could reach the house first. He would usually let me get ahead of him, but go full speed right before I reached the house and beat me by a few seconds. We could joke around for hours, stopping for a few seconds to catch our breath from laughing so much, only to immediately start laughing again for no reason at all. I was content. …Until one night…

~*~*~*~

I was awakened in the middle of the night, feeling a warm, gentle hand caressing my body. I turned to see Taichi, who was asleep. I asked myself if it was possible for someone to make love in their sleep but then quickly snapped out of it when I realized that music was coming from outside the bedroom door. Slowly, the past came flowing back to me. Thoughts of Yamato, the wonderful experiences I had shared with him. The thoughts wouldn’t stop. It was as if they were cramming themselves back into my mind. I remembered the moonlight strolls, the wonderful seafood meals he used to cook me, the large, beautiful shells we used to find along the shore, the hidden coves where he used to give to me the best love I’d ever had, and the… waltzes… the way we used to glide along the floor. It forced me to glance at my closet, at my dress, where I did a double take. I was pretty sure I had left the closet door closed when Tai and I had crawled into bed. The waltz tune continued to play in the other room. I began to grow scared and put a hand to my mouth. I was terrified. I dared to ask a question that I was praying would have no response…

“Yama… is that you…?” I shakily whispered under my breath.

~*~*~*~

To be Continued in Part 2…

I don’t think I’ve ever written anything like this before. I’m pleased with myself! This story is being told from Sora’s point of view, if you hadn’t really come to that realization yet. Tell me what you think!

~*Little Washu*~

~*Sorato Forever Yalls!*~