Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Without You Part 2

“Baka! Why even set a time for people when they don’t come?”

“Rei-chan, calm down. I'm sure Usagi-chan has a perfectly good reason,” Ami replied.

“Well, it can’t be the new Sailor V game because Crown’s is closed,” Makoto said.

Minako smiled sadly. “She’s probably wondering around town thinking of Mamoru-san.”

“Eh?” the girls asked.

“Think about it, minna. Mamoru-san broke up with Usagi-chan two weeks ago. Do you really think she’d get over it so soon? Especially considering the fact that they’re destined to be together.” Ami, Rei, and Makoto looked at their friend in shock. She was never so serious about anything before in her life. “Come on, you know I’m right! I’m the Senshi of Love, remember?”

“Oi...” they muttered walking away.

“Nani?”

~~~~~~

“Did you see that awesome fireworks display?”

“Yeah, it was unbelievable! We have to tell Rei-san what a wonderful job her aunt did.”

Rei walked over just in time to hear. “What are you guys talking about?” she asked.

“Oh, don’t be so modest,” Yuka said with a smile.

“That was the best fireworks I’ve ever seen, Rei-san!” Mika chimed in. “It was pink and shined straight up to the moon. Fantastic!”

“You’re mistaken. My aunt didn’t have fire... Wait, did you say it was pink and shined to the moon?”

“Hai.”

“Kami-sama! Chibiusa-chan!”

The girls watched in confusion as Rei ran off.

~~~~~

I was about to knock on the door when Rei tore it open. The other three were right behind her. “Usagi, Chibiusa-chan? Daijobu?”

“We’re fine, Rei-chan,” I replied.

“Usagi-chan, Mika-san and Yuka-san said they saw a pink light earlier. We thought it was Chibiusa-chan’s moon beam,” Makoto explained.

“Iie,” I told her. “Maybe it was someone’s fireworks. Now, where’s the food?” I weaved through the crowds to the snack table, but didn’t stop there. I headed right to the rest room. “Oh, why didn’t I just tell them what happened? Probably because I know Rei-chan would be mad at me for not calling anyway. I didn’t have time to chat and tell them where the attack was happening!”

I sighed and sat on the bathroom floor. I grabbed my head as pain coursed through it. *I should really get this checked out. What if Chibiusa needs me again? I can’t be injured. She may be a brat and a half, but it’s my job to protect her.* Resolving to tell the others what had occurred, I got up and tried searching for them. I finally spotted Ami. “Ami-chan...”

“Usagi-chan, Chibiusa-chan told us what happened.”

“She did?”

“Hai, I am very proud of you for handling Cooan, Petz, and a Droid all on your own. Before you know it, you won’t need us anymore,” she said with a smile.

I blushed. “Domo yo, Ami-chan. Remember this, though. I’ll always need all of you. Now and forever! You guys are my best friends in the whole world!”

I looked down when I felt a tugging on my shirt. It was Chibiusa. “Usagi, you’re not mad at me for telling them, are you?”

“Iie, Chibiusa. In fact, I decided I needed to tell them. That’s why I came looking for them.”

“Usagi-chan! Only one more hour left of 2000!” Minako said.

I smiled and figured Chibiusa hadn’t told them about my head injury. *Oh well, I’ll tell them later.* We all danced and had a wonderful time. Finally, there were two minutes left.

“Can you believe it! Another year over!” Makoto said. “I resolve to find my true love this year!”

“And I resolve to help her out!” Minako replied with a grin.

Rei said, “ I resolve to figure out the mystery of the Black Moon!”

“I resolve to study harder!” Ami exclaimed.

“Ami-chan...” I groaned. They asked what my resolution was. “To change for the better... for Mamo-chan.”

There was silence all around except for the countdown. “10, 9,8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!”

They were still staring at me as everyone toasted to the New Year. I couldn’t take it anymore and ran off.

~~~~~

I hugged my coat tighter around me. It was freezing. If Mamo-chan was still with me he would have driven me home. “Mamo-chan...”

“Usagi! You shouldn’t be out this late,” a voice scolded. I knew who it was without turning around. I kept walking as the car pulled up along side of me. “Come on, I’ll take you home. You’re gonna freeze to death.”

I stopped and turned to face him. “What do you care, Mamoru?” I screamed. “You can’t even come out on New Years Eve to help me protect Chibiusa and now you’re ordering me around? Leave me alone!” *No, don’t leave me alone, I love you.*

Quickening my pace, I headed home. Why didn’t he realize that I really wanted him to stay?

~~~~~

When I got home, I went up the stairs to my room. I found Luna sound asleep on the pillow in the corner of the room. I sat on the edge of the bed. I didn’t even bother turning the lights on because the moonlight came right through my window. Moonlight. Maybe the moonlight would soothe me. I stepped into it. Tears sprang to my eyes. “I can’t...” I whispered, stepping out o f it. I then collapsed onto my bed, falling into a fitful sleep.

~~~~~

“Usagi-chan! Wake up, Usagi-chan!”

“Huh? What is it, Luna?” I asked.

“Sleepyhead, Ami-chan just called. There’s a Droid at the end of your street. Get up!”

I was wide awake at that and grabbed my henshin brooch off my dresser. “Moon Crystal Power... Make Up!”

Part 3

Return to Sailor Senshi Fanfiction