Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The Way We Weren't Part 3

Author's Note: FYI... I'm going to call Little Ikuko "Iku" when she's with her grandma ^^
*************

Ikuko stared in shock at Makoto and Rei. "Are you certain?" she asked shakily. Kenji stood next to her, equally confused.

"Hai, Ikuko-san," Makoto replied. "Usagi is home. She has amnesia... she doesn't remember anything at all."

"We'll help to remember," Kenji said. "What's important is that she's alive and well."

Ikuko eyed the girls. "There's something else you haven't mentioned."

Rei nodded. "Usagi is married."

"Married?" Kenji asked. He felt heartbroken. He had always dreamed of giving his daughter away.

"Hai," Makoto said. "She has a daughter as well... named Ikuko."

Tears filled Ikuko's eyes. Her daughter didn't know who she was but she remembered that name. "Where is she, girls? When can I see her?"

"We're bringing them over tomorrow afternoon."

"Okay then, we'll see you tomorrow afternoon." The girls nodded and left. Ikuko looked at Kenji. He wrapped his arms around her. "Our baby's alive!"

************

The next day, Usagi, Yuuta, and lku stood at the Tsukino's door with Makoto and Rei. In a few minutes, Usagi would see her family... people she didn't remember... but they were her family none-the-less.

A woman with long, wavy blue hair answered the door. Usagi realized that was where little Ikuko got her hair from. "Ikuko-san," Makoto said.

Ikuko stared at her daughter. Her hair was still long, but up in one ponytail. Usagi had matured much since the fateful day they lost her. "Musume..."

"K-konichiwa," she said nervously. Usagi silently prayed she sounded happy. It was hard to when you couldn't remember the person standing in front of you.

Iku peered around her mother's legs, trying to see what was happening. "Mama?"

"Hai, Iku?" Usagi asked, picking her up. They smiled at one another. "This is your grandma, Iku."

Iku clapped her hands excitedly and held her arms out. "Ohayo, Iku," Ikuko said, taking the little girl.

"Ikuko-san... um..." Usagi had no idea what to call this woman.

"Mama is fine, if you're comfortable, Usagi."

Usagi nodded. "This is my husband, Furato Yuuta."

He bowed. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Ikuko-san." Ikuko smiled. She always new Usagi would find someone as polite and handsome as Yuuta.

"You as well. Both of you, come inside, please. Kenji should be home soon. I'm sure he can't wait to meet you." She looked at Iku. "Especially you, little one!" Iku giggled.

"Mama, who's here?" Shingo called from upstairs. He was in his room doing his homework because he had just gotten home from visiting his friend all weekend. Ikuko never had a chance to tell him about Usagi. The boys eyes widened as recognition set in. "Kami..." He looked from his mother to his... sister? "U-usagi?"

"Hai, Shingo," Ikuko said. "It's Usagi."

Shingo jumped down the remaining steps and ran into Usagi's arms. He may not have shown it, but he's always loved his sister. "It's so good to see you!"

"And you too..." Usagi replied. She hated not knowing him at all. *Kami, why can't I remember!?*