Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Usagi's New Life Part 5

Part 5a: Setsuna's Story

It had been three days since the attack on Usagi. The Senshi were restless, most of all Setsuna. She wouldn't speak to anyone of this but most of them suspected that she had known. Setsuna remembered the day she had learned of the attack...

**FLASHBACK**

"Sailor Pluto," the man said with a nod.

The Senshi bowed. "How are you this evening?"

"Well, arigatou." He cleared his throat. "I suppose you heard of the attack?"

"Hai... only just," Pluto replied. "Is there nothing I can do?"

"Sumimasen, but you cannot interfere with this. No one can! I understand your feelings, Sailor Pluto, but sending Small Lady to the past has disrupted the time line enough. If you hadn't sent her to begin with, none of these attacks would have occurred."

Pluto nodded solemnly. But she wondered what would have happened to the Earth if the Wiseman had succeeded in opening the Dark Gate. Without Small Lady's help, could Sailor Moon have defeated him?

**END FLASHBACK**

"Setsuna-san, daijobu?"

She was brought back to the present by a quiet voice. The two were sitting with an unconscious Usagi. "Hai, Ami-san."

"How come I don't believe you?" Ami replied with a wry look. "Please tell me, maybe I can help."

Setsuna shook her head. "Iie, Ami-san. I wasn't able to do anything about it then, and I can't do anything about it now."

"What do you mean?" Ami was confused. Setsuna seemed to be talking in riddles.

The older Senshi stared at Ami and decided that all of them should know. "Ami-san... I'll tell minna soon, but I want you to know first." Ami nodded. "I knew about the forth coming attack on Usagi-chan. However, I was not allowed to interfere."

Ami gasped. "We couldn't have warned her in any way?"

"I'm afraid not."

"Well, do you know who this man is who wants the Golden Crystal? I'm wondering that if Usagi-chan doesn't awaken soon, Mamoru-san will give it up."

"Iie," Setsuna said. "Mamoru-san will not give it up. Not with the lives a thousand people over one. It will kill him, but he will not do it!"

***********

Part 5b: Meet the Enemy

Prince Muriko was quite pleased with himself. Soon, his brother would be dead and the Earth would be his to rule. He could still remember the day their parents told them that Endymion would be the heir, as well as the keeper, of the Golden Crystal. How Muriko had wanted to tear his brother to shreds!

Muriko decided that the best course of action was to kill his parents and Endymion. He attempted to do so on their trip home from a visit to the Moon. Muriko succeeded in the death of the King and Queen of the Earth, however, his brother survived.

Two months later, Muriko and Endymion were killed in the battle with Metallia. Muriko was also, somehow, sent to the Earth of the future with Serenity, her court, and her beloved.

Muriko pretended to not to know who the holder of the Golden Crystal was because he wanted to see his older brother in pain over the potential loss of Serenity. "This should be amusing," he said to himself. Standing up, he shouted, "Youma no Mizu!"

Two youma appeared in front of Muriko and bowed. "Hai?"

"There are two Senshi with power to control water. I want you to obtain their crystals. If neither are the Golden Crystal, turn them to stone."

************

Haruka and Michiru walked hand in hand along the beach. "Haruka, do you really think Usagi will be all right? Who is doing this to our Princess?"

Haruka hugged Michiru. "Everything will be fine, Michiru. Whoever is doing this will pay dearly! We survived Chaos, we can survive anything as long as we're together, ne?"

"Hai...."

"Aw, isn't that sweet?" The youma smirked. "Sailor Neptune, I'll take the Crystal of your planet now."

"Nani? Who's there?" Haruka demanded.

"Stay out this, Senshi of Uranus! This does not concern you!"

Haruka brandished her henshin wand. "Like hell it doesn't! Uranus Planet Power, Make Up!"

"Neptune Planet Power, Make Up!"

***********

"Ami-chan, matte!" Ami turned to see Makoto running after her. "Ne, Ami-chan... Are you still angry with us?"

Ami shook her head. "Iie, I could never stay angry with the two of you, Mako-chan. I'm just very... disappointed."

"I understand. I'm disappointed in myself as well."

"Senshi of Mercury, I'll take your planet's Crystal now!"

The girls didn't waste any time. "Jupiter Crystal Power, Make Up!"

"Mercury Crystal Power, Make Up!"

*************

"World Shaking!" Uranus exclaimed. The youma jumped away just in time. "Kuso, this thing is fast!"

"Of course, I am!" A glowing staff appeared in the youma's hands as it began to chant. "Waters of the sea, reveal to me the Crystal of Neptune!"

Sailor Neptune screamed as an aquamarine crystal was extracted from her chest. "Michiru!"

"Nani?! It's not the Golden Crystal!"

"I could have told you that!" Uranus screamed in anger. "Space Sword Blaster!"

The youma then turned Neptune into stone. "MICHIRU!!!!" Uranus cried out again.

"Burning Mandala!"

Before Sailor Uranus could even blink an eye, Sailor Mars had toasted the youma. "Baka!" Uranus screamed at Mars.

"Nani?" the Senshi of Fire asked in confusion. Apparently she had not seen Neptune's still form.

"I wasn't finished with that youma! I needed him to tell me how to cure Michiru! Now she's going to stay like that forever!" Uranus finished her rant with a point of her finger.

Mars gasped at the sight. "Kami-sama!" She was broken out of her stupor by the quiet beep of her communicator. "Hai?"

"Rei-chan, get some Senshi and head over to the beach house!" Jupiter said. "Some crazy water youma is after Ami-chan."

The two Senshi stared at one another. "We'll be right here, Mako-chan!"

Mars was about to head off when Uranus stopped her. "What are we supposed to do with Michiru?" she asked, looking longingly at her love.

Mars didn't have an answer.

***********

Sailor Jupiter ducked the oncoming attack. "Mako-chan, why don't you just let the youma check for the Golden Crystal," Mercury asked, running over to her. "We both know I don't have it, I'll be fine."

"Are you crazy?!" she shrieked. After a minute, Jupiter gave up. "All right..."

Mercury stepped in front of the youma, who grinned. "Ah, so you're giving up?" Mercury nodded. "Waters of the sea, reveal to me the Crystal of Mercury!"

"Ami-chan!" Jupiter cried. This was just too horrible to watch. A few minutes later, a sapphire crystal floated in front of the Senshi.

"Kuso! It's not the Golden Crystal!" The youma sent it back into Mercury and began changing her to stone.

"N-nani?" Mercury said.

"What are you doing!?" Jupiter was rather pissed off. "I don't think so! Sparkling Wide--"

"Matte!" Jupiter and Mercury turned to see Mars and Uranus running up to them. "Don't kill it yet!" Uranus told Jupiter. "I have to ask it some questions!"

Uranus looked ready to blast a wall down. "But, Haruka-san, it's about to turn Ami-chan into a statue!" Jupiter cried.

By this time, the youma was confused itself, so it stopped. "What's your problem?" It asked Uranus.

"I want to know how to reverse the spell!" she yelled. "How am I supposed to change Michiru back!?"

"According to my Master, only the power of the Golden Crystal and Ginzuishou can save your friends."

Uranus grinned evilly. "Arigatou... Space Sword Blaster!"

"Haruka!" It was too late. Pluto sighed. "He probably would have told you who his master was..."

"But you know, don't you?" Jupiter asked. "You said you knew about someone attacking Usagi-chan."

The Senshi of Time shook her head. "It was never made clear to me who the main force behind the attack was. Something I did not foresee was the turning of Senshi into stone." Pluto turned to Uranus. "I sent Michiru to be guarded by another Senshi for now. We can do nothing until Usagi-chan awakens."

"Ne... what am I supposed to do?" Mercury asked. Her ankles were in stone.

"Perhaps I can be of some assistance?"

"Mamoru-san!" Jupiter said, astonished. "I thought you were sitting with Usagi-chan."

"Hotaru-chan is with her right now. There's... there's been no change and I wanted to get out for a walk when I heard you needed help. Sorry I'm late..."

"It's all right," Mars replied with smile. "We're relatively in one piece. As for Ami-chan... what can you do to help her?"

Pluto nodded, realizing what Mamoru was getting at. "I see, since Ami-chan isn't fully turned into stone, the power of the Golden Crystal can help her."

"By all means, Mamoru-san," Mercury said in relief.

"Golden Crystal of the Earth... Shine!" Mamoru exclaimed.

Mercury was able to walk within five minutes. "Arigatou!" she said.

"No problem..."

Everyone detransformed and headed back to the beach house... everyone but Haruka. "Michiru... gomen nasai! I'm sorry I couldn't protect you, my love."

**************

Coming up, Part 6 (which is also divided into two parts) Usagi's in a nightmare world and another friend visits.

Return to Sailor Senshi Fanfiction