Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Kunzite Is Back Part 2

Rei decided that it was time for a fire reading. They were going to find their Princess no matter how long it took. She glanced behind her as her friends sat on the floor in front of the sacred fire. She could see the worry and fear in their eyes. It was like looking in a mirror.

"Whenever you're ready, Rei-chan," Ami said quietly.

Rei nodded and began to chant. As she closed her eyes, she felt Usagi's presence. She also felt the presence of someone she hated since the Silver Millennium.

"Usagi!" she cried out, jumping to her feet.

The others watched as she henshioned. "Rei-chan, daijobou?" Makoto asked.

"What's going on?" Minako wanted to know.

"Usagi, she's back! And Kunzite is with her."

***********

"Could we stop here for a few minutes?" Usagi asked. "I'm really dizzy."

"Of course, Princess," Kunzite replied.

She looked up at him and smiled warily, blushing slightly. "Please don't call me that out here. Usagi is fine."

Before he could say anything, he was attacked by a blur of red, purple, and white. Usagi recognized the 'blur' immediately and ran to pull her off him. "What are you doing, Usagi?" Rei exclaimed.

"Oi, don't shout, Rei-chan," Usagi responded, holding her head.

"Gomen, but..." She glanced over at Kunzite, who was still lying on the ground.

"I was able to heal him."

"Nani?" Makoto said. "How did you do that?"

She shrugged. "The Ginzuishou, your powers. I don't know. The point is, he's been healed."

Ami pulled out her computer to do a few scans. "She's right, minna. Kunzite is no longer evil that I can see."

"Usagi-chan, daijobou?" Makoto asked.

"I'm a bit tired and my head hurts. I'd like to go home, but I was afraid of how my parents would react to seeing me."

Minako was silent as the girls spoke. She looked over at Kunzite. Was he really healed? Could they ever be together again? It would be so wonderful if that were true. She had this feeling that she would never find anyone to be with the rest of her life.

"Ne, Minako-chan?"

She shook her head. She had missed something. Apparently they had asked her a question. "Eh...?"

"What were you doing, baka? Daydreaming? I thought that was Usagi's job," Rei said.

"Excuse me, ladies, but I think Usagi-san needs to get some rest. She's been awake for nearly 48 hours."

The Senshi shut their mouths and stared at Kunzite. He took a step back, holding his hands up. "Minna, he's right," Usagi said. "I just want to sleep. Since it's late, I'll stay at Rei-chan's and go home in the morning."

Rei nodded. "That's fine."

"Kunzite can come too, ne?"

"I suppose," Rei answered with a sigh. "But, we're going to be keeping a close watch on you."

He nodded solemnly and followed them to Hikawa Shrine. How was he ever going to convince them he was good?

TO BE CONTINUED...

Return to Sailor Senshi Fanfiction