Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Kunzite Is Back

Title: Kunzite Is Back
Rating: PG-13 for violence
Notes: I decided this needed a little editing. Please let me know what you think.
************

Tsukino Usagi ran to catch up with her parents, Ikuko and Kenji, and her brother, Shingo. The four had decided to meet with her friend Naru's family for a picnic. It was a beautiful spring afternoon and many children were running about. Some were swimming in the lake.

"Naru-chan! Konichiwa!"

"Konichiwa, Usagi-chan! How are you?"

"I'm doing great, arigatou. I just can't wait to eat!" Usagi replied.

Shingo pulled one of Usagi's long ponytails. "Yeah, right! You just ate three cupcakes on the way here!"

"Go away Shingo!" Naru laughed at the siblings. She wished she had a brother or sister. Usagi was the closest thing to a sister she had.

The day proceeded on nicely. Naru asked Usagi about her crush on Chiba Mamoru. "Nani! Naru-chan, don't say things like "crush" in front of my dad! He might hear you!" Usagi said blushing.

"So it's true then?"

"Hai!" Just then there was a loud rumbling sound. "Nani yo?"

"Usagi, Shingo, Naru-san! Hurry!" Ikuko shouted. The three kids headed for their parents, but Usagi stopped when she saw the youma... with Kunzite right behind it!

*No way, he's supposed to be dead!* She went behind some trees, called the other Senshi, and transformed.

"Moon Crystal Power ... Make-up!" Sailor Moon stepped out from behind the tree. "Hey you! Leave these people alone!"

"Who are you?" the youma asked annoyed.

"Agent of love and justice, pretty soldier Sailor Moon! In the name of the moon, I will punish you!"

"Sugoi!" Shingo yelled, "It's Sailor Moon!" Sailor Moon smiled. It was a great feeling to have her brother look up to her -- even if he didn't know it was her.

"Remember me, Sailor Moon?" Kunzite asked.

"I remember you! And you'll be destroyed like last time! Moon Princess Halation!" The youma somehow deflected Sailor Moon's attack. "NANI YO?"

Everyone stared at the Senshi in shock. They all screamed as a light surrounded the Tsukinos and transported them into space.

************

Sailor Moon woke up feeling weak. Looking around, she saw Artemis on the floor next to her. "Artemis! Artemis, wake up!" she yelled in tears. "Onegai..." Artemis slowly opened his eyes. "Oh, Artemis, I'm so glad you're all right."

"Sailor Moon?" he replied, "What happened?"

"Kunzite is back."

*************

The other Senshi arrived just as they disappeared. "Sailor Moon! Artemis!" Sailor Jupiter cried out. "Any sign of them, Sailor Mercury?"

"None yet, but there's a tremendous amount of energy here."

"What could have happened to them?" Luna asked. She had told Artemis to stay with Usagi while she checked on some things with the other Senshi.

Sailor Mercury was still trying to figure out the calculations when Venus asked if this had been the same enemies, Ail and Ann, or someone else.

Luna looked up at the Senshi. "That's a good question. It certainly doesn't seem like Ail and Ann."

"That's because it's not," Mercury said.

"Nani?" everyone asked.

"I don't know who it is, but it's definately not them." Sighing, Mercury looked up from her computer. "And I have no idea where Sailor Moon and Artemis could be."

***********

"Sailor Moon, are you all right?" Artemis asked.

"Artemis, where could my parents and Shingo be? Are they still alive?"

The cat shook his head. "I just don't know, Usagi-chan." They heard a noise outside the cell. "Think you have enough energy to use your tiara?"

Sailor Moon stood up. "Hai!" Just as the door opened, she yelled, "Moon Tiara..."

"Hold it right there, Sailor Moon!" Kunzite said. He was holding Shingo by the throat. "Drop that tiara or he's dead!"

With tears in her eyes, she nodded and dopped her tiara. Kunzite had one of his men pick it up. "Now, you three are staying in here." He shoved Usagi's parents in after Shingo. She somehow resisted the urge to run and give them a hug.

Kunzite walked over to Sailor Moon. She was able to look him straight in the eyes without flinching. "Send those people and this cat back to Earth. You can do whatever you want with me!"

"I'll consider your offer, Sailor Moon," he replied then pushed her into the wall. He left laughing evilly.

Mrs. Tsukino went to help her up. "Are you all right, dear?" she asked.

"Hai, arigatou."

"Sailor Moon did you happen to see a young girl with long blond hair, my daughter, Usagi?" She wanted to tell her mom that she was standing right in front of her but she couldn't.

"I saw Usagi," Sailor Moon replied. "She's fine, Kunzite didn't take her."

"Yokatta!"

Sailor Moon started crying. "Gomen nasai, Tsukino-san! I didn't mean for this to happen! I don't know why or how my powers were deflected! Now you and your family are in danger. Gomen nasai!"

"Sailor Moon, we know you tried your best to save us all. Right now, we're just thankful to be alive."

*************

Four very forlorn teenagers sat on a park bench. They had all detransformed and were trying to figure out what to do next.

"Konichiwa, minna," a man said. The girls looked up.

"Oh, Mamoru-san," Makoto replied, "Konichiwa."

"Doushitano? You all look like you lost a friend."

"We-we did," Rei told him, her voice cracking.

Mamoru took in the girl's expressions and then realized who wasn't there. Tsukino Usagi. "Gomen. I didn't realize."

"Of course not," Minako said, "You didn't because you can't stand Usagi-chan! Come on, minna. We'd better go."

The girls got up and left Mamoru alone. Why did his heart suddenly ache for Usagi?

***********

"Well, Sailor Moon, I've considered your deal and I accept it," Kunzite told her."This family and the cat may go."

"Arigatou." Usagi picked up Artemis. "You have to get help," she whispered to him. She handed the cat to Shingo. "Please return him to his owner Aino Minako."

"I will. Oh, Sailor Moon, domo arigatou. For saving me and my parents."

"Doo itashimashita. And, Shingo, no matter what you believe, your sister loves you very much. She would do anything for you. All of you!" The family nodded as Kunzite sent them back to Earth.

Sailor Moon fell to her knees in tears. "Poor little Princess. Let me take your pain away--- EYAHH!"

Sailor Moon screamed as Kunzite blasted her. She then called the Senshi telepathically. "Onegai, minna, lend me your powers. I may not survive this without them. Don't worry, we'll see each other again, I promise!"

*************

The Senshi were looking around the park again when they heard Usagi's voice. Sailor Jupiter closed her eyes and focused on the Princess. "Sailor Moon..."

The others did the same. A short time later there was a huge roar in the sky and the Senshi saw some sort of light radiate from space, then it was gone. They noticed that the Tsukinos and Artemis made it back safely, but what had happened to Sailor Moon?

*************

Usagi sat up with a start. She looked around and realized that she was no longer in that horrible place. To her left, sat Kunzite. Usagi saw him and yelped in surprise.

"Kami, you're still here!"

"Princess," he said solemnly.

Usagi shook her head. She must still be out of it, Kunzite called her 'Princess'. "What's going on?" she asked warily.

"You were able to heal me," he explained. "Even though I didn't deserve to be, you did. Princess, I remember the Silver Millennium. I remember how myself and the other generals were supposed to protect Endymion. I remember how... how Beryl brainwashed us."

"Please forgive me if I don't believe you. My head is pounding and I just want to go home."

Usagi's eyes widened. How long had she been gone? She asked Kunzite. "Two weeks," he replied.

"Mama is going to be so worried!" she exclaimed, standing. A wave of dizziness washed over her.

"Princess," Kunzite said, taking her hand, "you can't go running off in that condition! You're still far too weak!"

Usagi knew he was right. She looked around again and realized they were near Hikawa Shrine. "Will you take me to the shrine? I'm sure you know where that is."

"Hai," he replied, taking her hand.

"Matte! Lets walk, please. I don't think my head is ready for teleportation."

Part 2
Return to Sailor Senshi Fanfiction