Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Face Your Fears II Part 2

"Michiru, daijobou?"

Michiru looked up at Haruka. "Hai, why do you ask?"

"You've been quite since we left Hikawa Shrine."

She shrugged. "I've just been thinking, that's all."

Haruka gave her a look. "I've known you for a long time," she said, taking Michiru's hands. "Tell me what's bothering you. Maybe I can help."

"I don't think you can..."

***********

Aurora sullenly walked to her piano lessons. She had a recital in a few days and she knew the perfect song. It had been Michiru's favorite during the Silver Millennium. Just maybe she'd remember Aurora.

As Usagi said, 'It could be a dream come true or your worst nightmare realized.' "I'll never know if I don't try!" The young girl smiled for the first time since she saw her true love at the shrine.

An hour later, when Aurora left the concert hall, she was stopped by someone. "That was the most beautiful performance I've ever heard." Aurora turned to see Michiru. "Of course, you've always had the talent to make a simple song so radiant, Aurora-chan."

Aurora gasped. "You...You know who I am?"

"Hai," Michiru replied. "The minute I saw you, I remembered. Why did you leave the shrine so suddenly?"

Aurora sighed. Michiru still had no idea. She had chickened out the minute she saw Haruka with Michiru. "Piano lessons... that's why I'm here."

Michiru smiled. "Of course. When is your recital?"

"Friday."

"Great, then I'll have to come!"

Aurora decided that it was now or never. "Ne, Michiru-san, are you busy right now? There's something I would like to talk to you about."

Before Michiru could reply, Haruka ran over to them. "Michiru, I've been waiting for you for 20 minutes. You said you wouldn't be gone long. We have that appointment, remember?"

"Oh! That's right! Gomen ne, Aurora-chan, but I have to go." She nodded dejectedly. "How about we meet tomorrow?"

"Okay," Aurora replied. "Around four, by the lake?"

"Sounds good. Ja ne!"

************

Usagi waited as patiently as she could for Mamoru to finished getting dressed. "This is a change," she said to herself.

"What's that, Usako?" he asked, coming into the living room.

Usagi stared at him. He was so gorgeous! She giggled. "It's nice to see you in a tuxedo without a mask."

"Why thank you," he replied with a smile. "Shall we go, Princess?"

"Haaaii!"

The couple had just finished a wonderful dinner when Usagi's communicator beeped. "Oi," she muttered, answering it.

"Usagi, get to the shrine, quick!" Rei exclaimed.

"We'll be right there, Rei-chan!" She turned to Mamoru, who nodded. "Moon Crystal Power... Make up!"

***********

"Konichiwa, Michiru-san. I'm sorry we couldn't meet earlier, something came up at the last minute that I couldn't postpone."

"That's quite all right," Michiru responded. "How are you today?"

Aurora looked at the ground. "I've been better... Do you... do you remember anything from our past?"

"A bit. Why do you ask?"

Aurora took a deep breath. "There's something that I wanted to say to you a long time ago, but... I don't if I should."

"What is it, Aurora-chan?"

She didn't notice Haruka heading towards them as she said the three words she'd been longing to say to Michiru. "I love you."

Haruka stopped five feet from them as Michiru stared at the younger girl. "I--"

Before she could say another word, Haruka grabbed Aurora by the arm. "What are you doing?"

"Haruka, calm down!" Michiru exclaimed.

"Please let me go, Haruka-san, you're hurting me."

Haruka let go as their communicators went off. "We'll be right there," she said to Minako and glaring at Aurora.

***********

The Inner Senshi were busy fighting off a youma with about five arms. Sailors Apollo and Uranus watched as one of the arms headed towards their princess.

They both rushed to save her, telling the other to get out of the way. Instead, they slammed into each other and fell to the ground. Sailor Moon yelped in surprise as it grabbed her around the waist, squeezing her tightly.

"Sailor Moon!" Tuxedo Kamen cried out. He threw a rose, but it had no effect.

"Minna!" Sailor Moon gasped. "Use the Planet... Attack."

"Are you crazy?" Mars said.

"Do it!"

Mars looked at the others. Tuxedo Kamen nodded reluctantly. Turning to Uranus, Neptune, and Apollo, he told them not to join in. Without their attacks combined with the others, Sailor Moon should be all right.

*I hope...*

Part 3
Return to Sailor Senshi Fanfiction