"For whosoever is born of God, overcomes the world!"
I John 5:4
416 North 19th Street
Bessemer, AL 35020
Phone: (205) 426-6562
Pastor: Jonathan McPherson, Jr.
God's Plan of Salvation
Transportation: World Overcomers can provide van transportation to and from the church for any persons in need of this ministry.
- Sunday Morning Study in the Word at 9:30am
- Sunday Morning Intercessory Prayer at 10:30am
- Sunday Spirit and Truth Worship Service at 11:00am
- Wednesday Word Explosion Bible Study at 7:00pm
Contact us: If you have prayer requests or simply would like to contact us, you may e-mail us at email@example.com.
- From I-59 south take the 19th street Bessemer exit, come to the 2nd traffic light, turn left on to 17th street (a one way street into down town Bessemer), keep straight to 3rd avenue north, turn left at the traffic light, go one block to the next light, turn left again on to 19th street (a one way street out of down town Bessemer), World Overcomers church will be on your left.
- From I-59 north take the 19th street Bessemer exit, bear to the right, turn right on to 17th street, and follow the same directions as given above.
Church Ministries include:
- Media Outreach
A weekly radio broadcast heard across Birmingham every Sunday mornings from 8 till 8:30am on 1480AM WLPH. A weekly television broadcast aired on Time Warner Cable channel 4, every Friday at 12AM.
- The Good Samaritan
World Overcomers conducts monthly chapel services at the downtown Birmingham Jimmie Hale Rescue Mission and services at the Bessemer Rescue Mission. We also participate in a Sunday morning service at the Bessemer City Jail in conjunction with Heritage Christian Center of Hueytown, Alabama. World Overcomers contributes food, clothing, and other items to these ministries helping to display the love of God to the lost and hurting.
*October 31: Viewing the Omega Code movie.
*November 15,16,&17: The Women's Conference at the New Rising Star
Call World Overcomers Church for details.
*November 27: Thankgiving Banquet at the St.John Baptist Church, call for