Know Who You Are and Where
You Came From,
So That You Can Get To
Where You're Going
- Daughter of Marion & Emma BARNES
- Birthdate: July 20th, 1912
- Birthplace: Dale County, Alabama
- Deathdate: December 9th, 1999 Enterprise, Coffee County, Alabama
- Buried: Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, Enterprise, Coffee County, Alabama
- 1st Married: Louie Frank Childs
- 2nd Married: December 17th, 1944 Louie Frank Sanders b: January 13th, 1912 Coffee County, Alabama (Son of Achie and Ola ANDREWS Sanders) d: January 10th, 1986 Enterprise, Coffee County, Alabama buried: Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, Enterprise, Coffee County, Alabama
- Samuel Whitehurst
- Betty CHILDS Robinson b: April 24th, 1937 Dale County, Alabama d: January 5th, 1989 Monroe Community Hospital, Rochester, New York buried: Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Cemetery, Enterprise, Coffee County, Alabama m: Richard T. Robinson
- Brenda Oliver
- Mason Leon Robinson m: Patricia McCloud
- Kenneth Fleming, Sr.
- Kenneth Fleming, Jr.
- Leoshina Fleming
- Shinlonia Fleming
- Melvin Lee McCloud
- Lee Ann McCloud
Mrs. Joella WHITEHURST Childs Sanders, daughter of Marion and Emma Whitehurst was born in Dale County July 20th, 1912 and passed away Decemeber 9th, 1999.
Joella gave birth to Samuel Whitehurst in 1933. Joella was married to Louie Frank Childs, who preceded her in death. From this union she gave birth to Betty Jean CHILDS Robinson, who also preceded her in death. In 1944, she married Louie Frank Sanders who also preceded her in death.
She also leaves to cherish her memory a daughter-in-law, Martha TUCKER Whitehurst, and a son-in-law, Richard T. Robinson, along with three granddaughters, Brenda CHILDS Oliver of Silver Springs, Maryland, Muriel WHITEHURST Scott and Michelle WHITEHURST Goosby, both of Enterprise, Alabama; three grandsons, Mason Leon Robinson III, Samuel Farrand Whitehurst of Enterprise, Alabama, and Kevin Whitehurst of Minneapolis, Minnesota; a sister, Ruth Irene WHITEHURST Nance of Union Springs, Alabama; eight great-grandchildren, six great-great-grandchildren, and a host of nieces, nephews, and other relatives as well.
Joella was a loving and devoted mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She enjoyed gardening, children and was "Granny" to the community. She will also be remembered for being a very giving person. Her home was always open to children, friends, and family. Her love for God was unsurpassed, and her spirit was free.
Thank you for visiting our family genealogy
page at Angelfire. Please come back and visit
Phyllis Jeannae Kwanja Owens April 20th, 2002
for my friends, The WHITEHURST Family
1999 WHITEHURST Family President, Johnny