From "The Hildreth Family" by James Wilson Newman, Sr. & William Alton Newman, Sr. (Was told by the people at the Pea River Historical and Genealogical Society that I could copy and use this info, do not want to mess with the copyright :-) ).
Thomas Hildreth d1657 m Hannah ??.
3 known children:
Joseph m 9/11/1678 Hannah Jessup
4 known children:
Joseph b 7/27/1679
Benjamin b 9/22/1681
Nathan b 3/17/1684/85. m Sarah ?
"" d 6/13/1746
8 known children
Benjamin. m Mary ??
2 known children
Ann (Betty) b 1801.
Benjamin b 3/15/1802 m Jemima Dowling.
(chart below, most of the info i had except from the marriages of RHJ's children, i had the children from the Dowling book i think.) The Author's of the Hildreth family book is from the line of Vinnie L Hildreth b 9/18/1885 and William Thomas Newman b4/26/1872
Descendants of Rev.Benjamin J. Hildreth
Generation No. 1
1. REV.BENJAMIN J.1 HILDRETH was born Abt. 1802 in S.C., and died 1868 in GREENVILLE,ALA. He married JEMIMA DOWLING 1823, daughter of JOHN DOWLING and NANCY BOUTWELL.
Children of REV.BENJAMIN HILDRETH and JEMIMA DOWLING are:
2. i. HARRIETT CALLOWAY2 HILDRETH,
b. June 17, 1825, Charleston,S.C.;
d. February 21, 1883, buried Brandon, Tx..
3. ii. TRAVIS ZACHEUS HILDRETH,
b. December 30, 1830, DALE CO.,ALA;
d. September 30, 1900, COFFEE CO.,ALA.
iii. JAMES JACKSON HILDRETH, b. 1832.
iv. MARY E HILDRETH, b. 1836.
v. MARTHA HILDRETH, b. 1838.
vi. FRANCIS HILDRETH, b. 1840.
vii. JOHN M HILDRETH, b. 1844.
4. viii. ROBERT HENRY JACKSON HILDRETH, b. April 30, 1846.
ix. SAPHRONIA J HILDRETH, b. 1849.
Generation No. 2
2. HARRIETT CALLOWAY2 HILDRETH (REV.BENJAMIN J.1) was born June 17, 1825 in Charleston,S.C., and died February 21, 1883 in buried Brandon, Tx.. She married HENRY BENJAMIN GRIMES 1840, son of STEPHEN GRIMES and BETHANY HINES.
Children of HARRIETT HILDRETH and HENRY GRIMES are:
5. i. HAYWOOD PINKNEY3 GRIMES, b. September 30, 1841, Hawridge,Ala; d. March 07, 1918, Waco,McLennan,Tx.
ii. FRANCIS CATHERINE GRIMES, b. March 15, 1844, Hawridge ,Ala.; d. died young.
6.iii BENJAMIN WILLIAM GRIMES, b. May 20, 1846, HAWRIDGE,DALE CO.,AL; d. January 12, 1929, Brandon,TEXAS.
7. iv. JOHN THOMAS GRIMES, b. November 30, 1848, Hawridge ,Ala.; d. 1910, Grandfalls,Tx..
v. AMON TRAVIS GRIMES, b. 1851, ALA; d. died young.
8. vi. GEORGIANN GRIMES, b. September 27, 1853, Hawridge ,Ala.; d. April 03, 1905, Grandfall.,Tx.Tx..
vii. JAMES BUCHANAN GRIMES, b. August 27, 1856, Hawridge,Al.; d. Al. died young.
9.viii.HENRY EDWIN GRIMES, b. June 06, 1859, Hawridge ,Ala.; d. December 03, 1930, Avoca,Texas Spring Creek Cemetery.Jones Co..
3. TRAVIS ZACHEUS2 HILDRETH (REV.BENJAMIN J.1) was born December 30, 1830 in DALE CO.,ALA, and died September 30, 1900 in COFFEE CO.,ALA. He married ELIZABETH HAYES 1853 in COFFEE CO.,ALA.
Child of TRAVIS HILDRETH and ELIZABETH HAYES is:
10. i. GEORGE TRAVIS3 HILDRETH, b. July 07, 1862, COFFEE CO.,ALA; d. April 15, 1940, COFFEE CO.,ALA.
4. ROBERT HENRY JACKSON2 HILDRETH (REV.BENJAMIN J.1) (Source: Dowling Family of the South.) was born April 30, 1846. He married (1) JULIA S . HAMNER. He married (2) ANNA RUTH CARMICHAEL Abt. 1894.
Children of ROBERT HILDRETH and JULIA HAMNER are:
11. i. EDWARD HOMER3 HILDRETH, b. June 08, 1874, Butler,Al.. ii. R. BUNYAN HILDRETH.
iii. A. LONNIE HILDRETH, m. BESSIE ? HILDRETH. iv. OLIVE VICTORIA "VICKIE" HILDRETH, b. August 12, 1872, Butler,Al.; d.
August 29, 1914, Bonifay, Fa.; m. JAMES THOMAS HOLLIS, December 23, 1886.
v. MUNCIE HILDRETH, m. FINLEY GRIFFIN.
vi. BEULAH HILDRETH, m. FRANK FLEMING.
vii. VINNIE HILDRETH, m. WILL NEWMAN.
viii. DAISEY HILDRETH, m. LEE GREEN.
ix. IDA ROBERTA HILDRETH, b. January 07, 1878; d. July 26, 1940, buried Opp,Al.; m. ALONZO BOLYN GREEN.
Children of ROBERT HILDRETH and ANNA CARMICHAEL are:
x. B. HORACE3 HILDRETH.
xi. B. MALCOM HILDRETH.
xii. LILLIE MAE HILDRETH, m. EMMETT G. MILLER.
Generation No. 3
5. HAYWOOD PINKNEY3 GRIMES (HARRIETT CALLOWAY2 HILDRETH, REV.BENJAMIN J.1) was born September 30, 1841 in Hawridge,Ala, and died March 07, 1918 in Waco,McLennan,Tx. He married (1) NANCY SANDERS December 13, 1865. He married (2) ELIZABETH HOLMAN EGGLESTON March 16, 1876 in Corssiscana,Tx.
Children of HAYWOOD GRIMES and NANCY SANDERS are:
i. WINNEY4 GRIMES, b. 1868.
ii. HENRY EDWARD GRIMES, b. 1870, Hawridge,Al; d. May 06, 1912, Brandon,Hill,Tx; m. SALLIE GRIFFIN, May 29, 1892.
iii. ELBERT (EBB) GRIMES (Source: Inez Osborn Aicher.), b. 1871; d.
Abt. 1936, Corsicana,Navarro,Tx; m. LENA CARR.
iv. MISSOURI GRIMES, b. 1873; m. ALBERT.
v. LAWRENCE FREEMAN GRIMES, b. 1872, Al; d. 1953, Tx. vi. MAYE GRIMES (Source: Inez Osborn Aicher.).
Children of HAYWOOD GRIMES and ELIZABETH EGGLESTON are: vii. MARTHA EDNA4 GRIMES, b. December 1879, Brandon,Hill,Tx; d. July
12, 1967, Forest Lawn,Los Angelos, Ca.; m. REED TERRY. viii. GEORGIANN GRIMES, b. November 17, 1882, Brandon,Hill,Tx; d.
January 29, 1965, Corsicana,Navarro,Tx; m. DORSEY GRIFFIN. ix. HAYWOOD PINKNEY GRIMES,JR, b. August 07, 1884, Brandon,Hill,Tx; d.
December 26, 1955, Waco,McLennan,Tx; m. MARTHA EMILINE PETERS, July 19, 1902, Waco,McLennan,Tx.
x. BASCOM MARVIN GRIMES, b. December 30, 1886, Tx; d. February 11, 1955, Waco,McLennan,Tx; m. MARY MARIA MORTE.
xi. OSCAR ERVIN GRIMES (Source: Inez Osborn Aicher.), b. February 01, 1890, Brandon,HillCo.,Tx; d. January 13, 1967, buried Oakwood Cem.Waco,Tx;
m. LILLIAN ANN WEBB, China Springs, McLennan Co.,Tx. xii. JAMES GRIMES, b. November 1892, Brandon,HillCo.,Tx; d. Abt. 1927,
El Paso,Tx,buried Waco,Tx.; m. ANNA LAURA HALE (Source: Inez Osborn Aicher.). xiii. JEFFIE GRIMES, b. December 1894; d. Abt. 1916, Phillipines buried
Waco,Tx (Source: Inez Osborn Aicher.).
6. BENJAMIN WILLIAM3 GRIMES (HARRIETT CALLOWAY2 HILDRETH, REV.BENJAMIN J.1) was born May 20, 1846 in HAWRIDGE,DALE CO.,AL, and died January 12, 1929 in Brandon,TEXAS. He married (1) CAROLINE SHEPPARD July 14, 1878 in TEXAS. He married (2) LEVINIA FORBES SAMS August 14, 1884 in TEXAS, daughter of JAMES FORBES and ELIZABETH HOWELL. He married (3) MOLLIE REED October 08, 1898 in TX.
Child of BENJAMIN GRIMES and CAROLINE SHEPPARD is:
i. HARRIET EMMA ANN4 GRIMES, b. July 01, 1880, HILL CO ,TEXAS; m. JOHN
Children of BENJAMIN GRIMES and LEVINIA SAMS are: ii. BETHANY LEVINIA4 GRIMES, b. September 03, 1885, HILL CO ,TEXAS; d.
August 26, 1971, buried Brandon, Tx.; m. CURTIS RHEY WALKER, December 28, 1904, Brandon,Hill Co.,Tx..
iii. ROSE HANNAH GRIMES, b. June 19, 1889; d. May 13, 1971, buried Brandon, Tx.; m. LAURIE LAWARENCE WALKER.
iv. ETHEL ALMA GRIMES, b. May 05, 1892, TEXAS; d. May 11, 1975, buried Brandon, Tx.; m. (1) JOSEPH ROBERT JARVIS, December 28, 1916, TEXAS; m. (2) W.R. WALKER, Abt. 1960.
v. WM. EZEKIAL GRIMES, b. October 10, 1894, BRANDON TEXAS; d. November 06, 1962, buried Brandon, Tx.; m. ROSITA DE BONDE.
vi. SAMUEL BERNICE GRIMES, b. January 14, 1897; m. EDNA PEARSON, July 16, 1925, Anson,Tx..
Children of BENJAMIN GRIMES and MOLLIE REED are: vii. BENJAMIN EARLE4 GRIMES, b. January 15, 1901, TEXAS; d. August 18,
1966; m. ELIZABETH PERFECT.
viii. LUTHER REED GRIMES, b. February 27, 1906, TEXAS; m. MATTIE BELLE
ix. HENRY GRIMES, b. January 1900.
7. JOHN THOMAS3 GRIMES (HARRIETT CALLOWAY2 HILDRETH, REV.BENJAMIN J.1) was born November 30, 1848 in Hawridge ,Ala., and died 1910 in Grandfalls,Tx.. He married AMERICA ANN SELINA WATTERS(WATERS).
Children of JOHN GRIMES and AMERICA WATTERS(WATERS) are:
i. DOCIA4 GRIMES, m. WM. DEDMON.
ii. JOSEPH W. GRIMES, m. BESSIE MC ALISTER. iii. EULA GRIMES, b. 1872; m. WM CLARKSON. iv. DORA GRIMES, b. 1874; d. Bef. 1958, Tx; m. CHARLEY CHILTON.
v. SUSAN CALLOWAY GRIMES, b. September 02, 1875, Moblie, Al; d. March 23, 1955, Houston,HarrisCo.,Tx Woodlawn Cemetery; m. JAMES HENRY STRANGE.
vi. BELLE GRIMES, b. 1877; m. WYLIE STUFFLEBEME. vii. LORY GRIMES, b. 1879.
viii. JOHN E. GRIMES, b. March 1882.
ix. THOMAS GRIMES,JR., b. April 1888; d. December 31, 1953, near Robstown,Tx; m. MAGGIE BLAIR, 1907.
8. GEORGIANN3 GRIMES (HARRIETT CALLOWAY2 HILDRETH, REV.BENJAMIN J.1) was born September 27, 1853 in Hawridge ,Ala., and died April 03, 1905 in Grandfall.,Tx.Tx.. She married WM. LAFAYETTE MCCAULEY March 28, 1872 in Tx.
Children of GEORGIANN GRIMES and WM. MCCAULEY are:
i. JOHN4 MCCAULEY (Source: Dowling Family of the South. Addendum #752.),
m. KATIE R. HENRY.
ii. WM O. MCCAULEY, b. December 12, 1883; d. April 28, 1960, buried Bryom/Brandon Cemetery.
iii. VICTORIA MCCAULEY, b. 1872; d. November 16, 1890, buried Bryom/Brandon Cemetery; m. MR PALMER.
iv. RELDA MCCAULEY, m. LEE ROACH.
9. HENRY EDWIN3 GRIMES (HARRIETT CALLOWAY2 HILDRETH, REV.BENJAMIN J.1) (Source: Dowling Family of the South,Addendum #753, Grimes Bulletin, US Census, My Mothers Family.) was born June 06, 1859 in Hawridge ,Ala., and died December 03, 1930 in Avoca,Texas Spring Creek Cemetery.Jones Co.. He married ALTIE MYRA NELSON December 02, 1877 in Blooming Grove,Texas, daughter of MARTIN NELSON and AMANDA SHEPPARD.
Children of HENRY GRIMES and ALTIE NELSON are:
i. AMANDA CALLOWAY "CALLIE"4 GRIMES, b. January 26, 1880, Brandon.Tx; d. June 01, 1935, buried Avoca,Tx.; m. (1) JAMES PRESTON HERBERT, January 07, 1897, Brandon,Hill Co.,Tx.; m. (2) MR BENNETT, Aft. 1930.
ii. ELLIS EVERETT GRIMES, b. May 15, 1882, Brandon,Hill Co.,Tx.; d. August 05, 1951, Plainview, Hale Co.,Tx.; m. BESSIE SMITH, June 26, 1912, Royston,Tx..
iii. MARY ETHEL GRIMES, b. August 16, 1884, Hillsboro, Hill Co.,Tx.;
d. July 21, 1921, Radium,Jones,Co.,Tx.; m. WOOD WARREN CANTRELL, July 20,
iv. MARTHA "MATTIE" EVA GRIMES, b. January 01, 1887, Brandon,Hill Co.,Tx.; d. January 1976; m. JAMES HAYWOOD LUSK, September 28, 1904, Penelope, Hill Co.,Tx..
v. JOEL VANBUREN GRIMES, b. October 19, 1889, Brandon,Hill Co.,Tx.; d. January 28, 1969, Stamford,Tx.; m. MOLLIE BRADEN, August 02, 1911, Avoca,Tx..
vi. ELMER TRAVIS GRIMES, b. August 23, 1892, Brandon,Hill Co.,Tx.; d. November 24, 1956, Carlsbad,New Mexico; m. (1) FLOSSIE HURT, January 24, 1914, Avoca,Tx.; m. (2) MRS URSULA BLOUNT, December 22, 1937, Roswell, New Mexico.
vii. KYLE HORACE GRIMES, b. February 16, 1895, Brandon,Hill Co.,Tx.;
d. January 01, 1968, Avoca,Jones Co.,Tx.; m. LULA HUMPHERY, June 27, 1913, Avoca,Tx..
viii. AMOS EDWIN GRIMES, b. August 24, 1898, Brandon,Hill Co.,Tx.; d. October 14, 1967, Meridian,Tx.buried Mineral Wells,Tx.; m. MAUDE ARNOLD, April 17, 1917.
ix. JENNIE RUTH GRIMES, b. February 27, 1901, Brandon,Hill Co.,Tx.; d. October 31, 1902, Brandon,Hill Co.,Tx..
x. GEORGIANN GRIMES, b. February 15, 1905, Penelope, Hill Co.,Tx.; d. Abt. January 30, 1997, Round Rock,Tx.; m. MABIN WILLARD ARMISTEAD,SR, November 02, 1920, Abilene,Taylor Co.,Tx.
10. GEORGE TRAVIS3 HILDRETH (TRAVIS ZACHEUS2, REV.BENJAMIN J.1) was born July 07, 1862 in COFFEE CO.,ALA, and died April 15, 1940 in COFFEE CO.,ALA. He married EMMA MISSOURI MIXON December 30, 1886 in COFFEE CO.,ALA.
Child of GEORGE HILDRETH and EMMA MIXON is:
i.ERIE4 HILDRITH, b. December 24, 1887; m. ED BYRD.
11. EDWARD HOMER3 HILDRETH (ROBERT HENRY JACKSON2, REV.BENJAMIN J.1) was born June 08,1874 in Butler,Al.. He married IDA BELLE MARSH, daughter of MARK MARSH and GEORGIA MARSH.
Children of EDWARD HILDRETH and IDA MARSH are:
i. MATTIE MAE4 HILDRETH (Source: The Hildreth Family. By James W. & Wm A. Newman,Sr.1989.), b. October 06, 1899, Enterprise,Al.; d. Mims,Fa.; m. OTIS THOMAS PARKER, July 29, 1917, Enterprise,Al..
ii. EARLY LEE HILDRETH, b. November 19, 1894, Enterprise,Al.; d. May 06, 1958; m. DAISY JANE SMITH, April 08, 1916.
iii. EDWARD ROSCOE HILDRETH, b. March 02, 1897. iv. WILLIAM LOVE HILDRETH, b. February 17, 1903, Enterprise,Al.; d. 1960.
v. ROY HAMNER HILDRETH, b. March 18, 1907; d. 1979. vi. FLETCHER BELL HILDRETH, b. October 01, 1911; d. November 1980.
vii. FRED HILDRETH, b. May 17, 1914; d. January 24, 1916.
Good luck to All
Christine Grimes Thacker