The town of Geiger was incorporated in 1912. It was established with the coming of the AT&N Railroad by W.L. Waller and John H. Pinson, who married sisters named Geiger.
The State's first Yellow Front Store was built here in 1911, and developed into a West Alabama chain.
Geiger High School, built in 1910, was the first public school in Alabama to offer free transportation to its students.
The town is located on Hwy 17 in Sumter County, north of Emelle.