Last Updated: July 15, 2005
At Obs Servers, we strive to develop innovative services to better serve our users. We recognize that privacy is an important issue, so we design and operate our services with the protection of your privacy in mind.
The following principles apply to the personally identifying information we ask for and that you provide. "Personally identifying information" is information that individually identifies you, such as your name, physical address or email address. You can find more details about the data we collect on particular services by clicking the links on the side of this page, after you click Enter.
- Obs Servers collects limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available whenever you visit the website. This log information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We normally have no need for this information, though.
- Some of our services require you to register for an account. Obs Servers and Proboards asks you for some personal information in order to create an account (typically your name, email address and a password for your account) and we will use that information to provide the service. For certain services, such as Obs Servers administrative abilities, we may request credit card or other payment information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
- When we require personally identifying information, we will inform you about the types of information we collect and how we use it. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing your personal information with us.
- Upon your first visit to Obs Servers, a cookie is sent to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. A "cookie" is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit the website. Although, Obs Servers doesn't really use the cookies, they are sent anyway. Most features should function properly, even if you don't have cookies on.
- We do not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent. We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We conclude that we are required by law or have good faith that access, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Obs Servers, its users or the public.
- If you have an account, we may share the information submitted under your account among all of our services in order to provide you with a seamless experience and to improve the quality of our services. We will not disclose your account information to other people or non-affiliated companies, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your consent.
- We may share aggregated information with others. Examples of this includes how many people clicked on a certain post on a particular item on the website or forums.
- Obs Servers takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- Obs Servers restricts access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Updating Your Information
- We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personally identifying information for many of our services. For more information, please see the forums FAQ.
- If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Obs Servers at ICQ 342-494-221, (216)346-5615, or at Obsqura@gmail.com