Lionism in Sri Lanka

15th April 1958

First Lions Club to be established in Sri Lanka "The Colombo Lions Club" (now known as " The Colomb Host Club ") was placed in District 304 (south) India comprising the states of Madras, Kerala, Mysore, Andhra and Pondicherri.

 

27th August 1958

The Colombo Lions Club received its Charter.

 

28th May 1966

District 306 formally inaugurated and given provisional status.Lion K.Sathchithananda was installed as District Governor.

 

1966/1967

Lions International Golden Anniversary year. Charter presentation made to the Lions Clubs of Nugegoda and Kalutara.

 

1971/1972

District 306 becomes a full-fledged District.Lions activities center established in kotte. First Afro-Asian Conference held in Sri Lanka.

 

JULY 1983

Past District Governor Lion Chuck Wijenathen elected as International Director for Iran,South Africa, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka.

 

JULY 1978

District 306 sub-divided into District 306A and 306B.

 

JULY 1989

Multiple District 306 sub-divided into District 306A, 306B and 306C.