S A Y I N G S
- Who Said It ?
- Just try to read the name at the end of the quotation. | Click on it if you can't read it :
- "War would end if the dead could return." Stanley Baldwin
- "The elimination of war should be the major task of social education"Konrad Lorenz
- "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind" John F.Kennedy
- "It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get fond of it" Robert E. Lee
- "It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious". Oscar Wild
- "Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside".Mark Twain
- "Man is the only animal that blushes or needs to".Mark Twain
- "It is easier to stay out than get out".Mark Twain
- "There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist". Mark Twain
- "Nothing is interesting if you're not interested". Helen Mc Inness.
- "If I should have read as much as other men, I should have known no more than they."Thomas Hobbes
- "The best result of any book is that it excites the reader to self activity."Thomas Carlyle.
- "Ultimately, literature is nothing but carpentry. With both you are working with reality, a material just as hard as wood."Unknown To Me
- "Switzerland only seems small because it's all folded up. If you opened it out it would be
bigger than the U.S."Unknown To Me
- "Happiness is the deferred fulfilment of a prehistoric wish. That is why wealth brings so little
happiness; money is not an infantile wish."Unknown To Me
- "To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it."Confucius
- "There is no failure in except no longer trying." Elbert Hubbard
- "Let no one be willing to speak ill of the absent."Sextus Propertius
- "Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed." Mao Tse-Tung
- "Whenever people agree with me, I feel I must be wrong."Oscar Wilde
- "Adversity makes a man wise, not rich."Ray, (1678)
Do you want more?