The two started to walk towards the nearest village when they suddenly saw a man trying to split a tree trunk into two long halves. The cat stopped and pointed to the man whispering in the lion's ear,
- "Here is one!"
- "That meager little mortal can do all that damage you talked about!" the lion exclaimed in complete astonishment! And added, "Aren't you mistaken?! As with a single blow from our paw, we can make him a useless dead carcass."
- "No, your majesty! I've always been living with him, and I know all his powers." The cat answered sadly.
The lion stealthily and prudently stepped towards the wood cutter and roared,
- "You are the one who can tame our cousin, the cat, aren’t you?"
- "Why are you asking?!" the man said without even looking at him!
- "How dare you tame one of my family members?!" The lion angrily said,
- "I don't, but things are like this since the dawn of existence!" the man spoke reasonably.
- "Now it is the sunset of your existence. I am the king of this forest, and I challenge you into a duel." the lion threatened the wood cutter.
- "I am sorry but I have a work to finish first!" The wood cutter said absent mindedly.
- "You have to drop those tools down and fight like a man!" The lion began to lose his temper.
- "If you help me finish this work, I'll be at your disposal in just a few minutes!" the man said calmly. Eager to smash the man, the lion accepted,
- "What shall we do then?", the lion inquired, and the man, smiling victoriously, showed him a crack in the tree trunk and said,
- "Insert your noble paws here and pull hardly. I want to split the tree into two parts. The lion, blinded by revenge, put his paws in the crack, and it was a big mistake. No sooner had he placed his paws there when the wood cutter pulled a rope and the lion’s both legs got trapped in the cleft, and he began to roar in pain. The wood cutter smiled and said,
- « You underestimated me because I am not as strong and fierce as you are. But you should have weighed up the situation vigilantly. There is something that I have and can defeat strength and ferocity. It is the brain. Now do please watch after my property while I go home for lunch!” and went away. The cat approached the lion in his ordeal and said,
- "I told you! It is thus that man intimidated us all. He is intelligent, smart, clever, cunning and tricky (pointing to the tree trunk trap). That's his most dangerous secret weapon that animals normally don't take into consideration when they want to measure to him.”
The lion still struggling to free himself painfully said,
- « I think I need a lot of time to understand what is happening now, and more time to figure out why doesn't this creature keep us for pets! »
- The cat smiled and said, « I am sorry, but your majesty needs more than just time to assimilate. When Man was in need of someone to keep him company, he took cats, parrots, rabbits, turtles and even snakes. When he wanted someone to guard his properties he kept the dogs, but when he wanted to carry heavy material, he used elephants, donkeys and took horses for prestige. You see my Lord! It is not only time that you need to understand; now what you do need, I guess, is a miracle to get you out of this trap."
D O W N L O A D