Are you going Fishing?
- Jesus makes many references to Christians being
fishers of men but, are we really?
- Paul Harvey said, "Too many Christians are
no longer fishers of men but keepers of the aquarium."
Scripture Text: Luke 5:1-11
Four Things you must know before you go
Fishing for Men
1. To enjoy fishing we must have A passion for fish
- Do you love people? Do you
care about your friends, family and neighbors? How do they know
you care? Do you want them to be saved to spend their lives with
2. We must have A plan for fishing
- God has an eternal plan for your life.
a. Take the time
b. Prepare the bait
c. Wet the hook, give them a chance to bite.
- Plan for the catch. Take a net. Make povision for the new catch
Where are you going to put
them? Where are they going to park? Where are they going to sit?
3. A Patience for Fishing
- Don't quit or give up. The hard ones are the
ones that the Lord specializes in. He wants to save them
- 2Pet 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promises,
as some men count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing
for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
4. A Pattern for Fishing
- Jesus is our pattern for going' fishing' for
men. He came for us, died for us, loved us first, and invited
us to come in. He wants us to do the same.
- We must work together, don't pull against each
other. Keep the main thing the main thing.
- Would you follow Jesus to become a Fisher of
Are you ready to go Fishing?
- Jesus told his disciples, Come follow me, and
I will make you fishers of men. This applies to us today as well. Yet many christians
today have never tried to catch others for Jesus. Some
have tried once or twice and have given up. And constantly
fish for men. Which group are you in?
- Some of us may think that we don't know enough,
we don't have the right equipment, or we don't believe that it
is our gift/duty to fish for the unbelievers of our society.
- Remember what God said to Moses. Exod 4:11+12
- You say how can I get started?
- If you take just a moment to think about it,
you'll realize that there are people in your life that you see
everyday that will never see Jesus in anyone but you. That is
why it is important that you take the time to care to let Christ's
love flow through you
to take a genuine interest in them
as Jesus does. We are his spokespeople so lets represent Him by doing what He did.
- It's time to go fishing for people. First on a piece
of paper list the names of friends you believe could be interested
in attending church. Then, begin to pray for each of them specifically,
asking God's Holy Spirit to prepare their hearts to receive the
life-changing message of Jesus Christ's.
- Next, invite them to services and talk to them about the Lord.
After the visit, Follow Up!
If they were not able to make it to church, let them
know that you missed them and still want them to attend.
Tell them why the Lord is special to you and what
he has done for you. This is your personal testimony. Share Him!
Don't give up, continue to pray, invite, and share Jesus. Use the scriptures
on the back of a church card to share God's Plan of Salvation
for their lives. Now, begin to make your list of friends, family
and neighbors to pray for: