How to Hear From God
A. How does God talk to Me?
God's word, the Bible, is unlike any other book.
It is alive and full of power. It is the primary source of our
spiritual food. The Bible will help us grow as a Christian.
- In 2 Timothy 3:16-17 it says the Bible was inspired
- According to 2 Peter 1:20-21 is there any Scripture
not inspired by God?______________________________________________
- When reading John 5:46-47, what was Moses writing
- What do the following Scriptures tell us about
- Psalms 119:89 _________________________________
- Matthew 24:35 _________________________________
- 1 Peter 1:25 _________________________________
- Isaiah 40:8 _________________________________
B. God talks to us through the Bible. Each message
in the Scriptures has been placed there for a reason.
- According to 2 Timothy 3:16,17
- What does the Scripture provide for the believer?
- What is the result of this provision for every
- What will Gods word do to our lives, if we study
C. Gods Word is what will help us grow as Christians.
What does the Bible say about it being essential to our growth
in the following verses?
- Hebrews 4:12____________________________________
- John 8:31,32_____________________________________
- John 15:3_______________________________________
- Psalm 119:105___________________________________
- Psalm 119:130___________________________________
- 2 Peter 1:4_______________________________________
- Psalm 19:7,8_____________________________________
D. Gods Word is sometimes described as a seed that
can either blossom into a beautiful flower or be choked out by
weeds. Just as we plants seeds to grow flowers and plants, the
Word must be planted in our hearts so as it can grow us into a
mature Christian. Describe what happened when the seed was sown
in each of the following instances in Luke 8:4-15.
- Matthew 4:4____________________________________
- 1 Peter 2:2_____________________________________
- Psalms 119:103_________________________________
E. Once we are given the Word of God, what is our
responsibility according to the following scripture?
- The way side_____________________________________
- The rocky ground_________________________________
- The thorny ground________________________________
- The good ground__________________________________
F. What are the results of hearing Gods Word according
to the following Scripture?
- Colossians 3:16__________________________________
- 2 Timothy 2:15__________________________________
- Psalms 119:11___________________________________
- Psalm 1:1,2_____________________________________
G. God doesn't expect us to understand His Word
on our own. He has given us help. According to the following Scriptures
who has the Lord given to us to help us.
- Romans 10:17___________________________________
- James 1:22-25
- We are told to do what after we have heard the
Word of God? ___________________________________
- What happens if we here and do nothing? __________________________________________
- John 14:21 ______________________________________
- John 14:26_________________________________
- John 16:13_________________________________
- 1 Corinthians 2:11-13_________________________
Do you have a daily Bible reading plan?