- 1 head of Lettuce - chopped into 1"
to 2" pieces
- 1 green bell pepper - finely chopped
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- green peas - 1 box frozen
- bacon - 6 to 8 slices, fried crisp then broken into bits -
Baco's & similar products are okay too
- 8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
Beginning with lettuce and ending
with cheese, layer each ingredient in a 9" x 13" pan or dish.
A lasagna pan is also a good size for this. Use enough mayonaisse to add a
1/4" to 1/2" layer.
When serving Italian food,
subsitute pepperoni for the bacon and mozzarella or
provolone for the cheddar. Substitute creamy Italian
dressing for all or part of the