Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- 2 lb. large shrimp - peeled & deveined
- 2 cans(16 oz. ea.) pineapple chunks
whole fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cut
in pieces + 1-1/2 cups canned pineapple juice
- 1/2 lb. sliced bacon - cut in 2" pieces
- 2 red and/or green bell peppers - cut in 1" pieces
- 1/2 lb.fresh mushrooms
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- wooden skewers, 16 to 18
Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice. Thread the
shrimp and bacon, alternately with pineapple
chunks and vegetables, on the skewers.
Place the kabobs in a large shallow pan. Mix the
pineapple juice with the sweet-and-sour sauce.
Pour half of the mixture over the kabobs in pan. Cover
with foil and refrigerate for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
Grill the kabobs on top of foil, over hot coals or
on a gas grill, for 8 to 10 minutes, turning and
basting often with the remaining half of the
pineapple juice mixture.