Creamy Vanilla Frosting
This frosting tastes like a buttercream frosting but it´s extra creamy and very easy to spread.
It generously covers an 8" or 9" - double layer cake, a 9" x 13" oblong cake or several dozen cupcakes.
- 2-1/3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 T. egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters®
(or the amount equal to one egg)
- 2/3 cup solid vegetable shortening, such as Crisco®
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4-1/2 T. granulated sugar
- 2 T. hot water (not boiling)
In a deep, narrow mixing bowl, beat the confectioner's sugar, egg substitute, shortening and vanilla together. Mix the hot water and granulated sugar together to make a "syrup". Add the syrup mixture to the other ingredients and beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy.