Hermitt's Colon Blow
(Better known as Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup)
2 Pounds Beef Stew Meat
6 Medium size Potatoes (Cubed large bite size)
1 Pound bag Baby Carrots
3 Stalks Celery (Dice or Cut into 1 inch pieces)
1 11.5oz. Can Whole Kernel Corn
1 14.5oz. Can Beef Broth
1 14.5oz. Can Green Beans
1 28oz. Can Stewed Tomatoes
1 Medium Onion (Diced or Chopped)
1 Tablespoon Morton Iodized Salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1 Tablespoon Minced Roasted Garlic
6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Place beef, garlic, onion, seasoned salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil & black pepper in a large skillet and cook until beef is browned.
2. Pour contents of skillet into 5 Qt. Cast Iron Dutch Oven or a Large Stock Pot.
3. Add Potatoes, Carrots, Celery, Beef Broth & Stewed Tomatoes to Pot.
4. Cover ingredients with water(1 inch above contents), bring to a boil and reduce heat to Low.
5. Cook covered for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until Potatoes, Carrots & Celery are tender.
6. Add Green Beans(drained) & Whole Kernel Corn - Cover Pot & cook for an additional 30 minutes.
7. Serve with Jiffy Cornbread, French Bread, Dinner Rolls or Saltine Crackers.
Leftovers will keep in Frig. for up to 5 days.